• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v. FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Look for 200+ yards of rushing and 12 passing.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I know you're joking, but we got 66 wholes yards against Michigan State.  We should be able to get at least 70 yards against FAU

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I know you're joking, but we got 66 wholes yards against Michigan State.  We should be able to get at least 70 yards against FAU

Yep. I'd say if we complete a few passes, Shaw & Pierre should have a great day. If not, 70 sounds about right.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

I know the game is at RJS, but has anybody been to the new-ish on campus FAU stadium? fl-fau-stadium-tou_1088125a_1.jpg

Yeah, it's a nice little stadium.

I absolutely loved the owl noises they pump out of the PA. It's hilarious

I may be risking a lot of angry posts here, but count me among those who think that all mascots are kind of goofy. Might as well make it fun and embrace the goofiness with owl sounds.

At least we have Owls native to Florida.   Never seen a Knight that was native.

We were supposed to be the Citronaughts..citronaut.jpg

And there areSchenllenburger Articles as well as Pellni articles that state theat they were trying to emluate Miami's football program as well

Bulls are not native to Florida, although we have them here.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

FAU has played their higher tier opponents tough in the the first parts of games over the last year or so but fallen victim to big plays.  As the game wears on, their guys get worn down and their offense looks alot like USF's lately in that they cant sustain a drive.

I have no clue where this game goes.  The kids are the unranked and 2 star talents from the same types of schools USFs three stars come from.  My guess is its going to come down to coaching and who wants it more.  Probably be an ugly nailbiter.  Wonder if their fans will travel better than they did a few years ago.  Duder, is the University organizing buses or other arrangements?  No excuse not to.

And there were knights in Florida

Spanish+conquistadors.jpg

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

And there were knights in Florida

Spanish+conquistadors.jpg

dems conquistadors not knights...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I know the game is at RJS, but has anybody been to the new-ish on campus FAU stadium? fl-fau-stadium-tou_1088125a_1.jpg

I may be risking a lot of angry posts here, but count me among those who think that all mascots are kind of goofy. Might as well make it fun and embrace the goofiness with owl sounds.

And there areSchenllenburger Articles as well as Pellni articles that state theat they were trying to emluate Miami's football program as well

Miami is a private school, FAU is a public school like USF.  I would think it would be difficult for FAU to emulate Miami's building of the football program.  Though I suppose FAU could find itself a Shapiro and a few boats...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Miami is a private school, FAU is a public school like USF.  I would think it would be difficult for FAU to emulate Miami's building of the football program.  Though I suppose FAU could find itself a Shapiro and a few boats...

The only language Id heard modeling Miami was that in the beginning of the program Coach S. was saying with the amount of local talent they would need to keep those kids home and they could win an NC in 8 years.  Much like his 'State of Miami' philosophy at the U with keeping all the top Dade County kids at home.  FAU is not modeled after Miami other than they had the same coach over different times of his career.