• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF day with the Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I'm a Bucs fan.  At first I hated the Schiano hire, but I like his style of play.  Remember he kicked the crap out of us year in and year out.  That said, this loss against the Jets with Smith at QB is inexcusable. 

that finish reminded me of holtz. run into the line 3 times to setup for a FG while leaving time on the clock for the opponent when they only need a FG to win. holtz settled for a 48 yard attempt with 2 minutes to go against temple. schiano does the same thing against jets with 30+ seconds.

win probability says go for the first down on 3rd and 4 by passing the ball. get it and game is over. miss it and you are in same position he was in anyway.

It reminded me of Holtz in that a defensive player didn't use his brain and committed a penalty that resulted in a loss on the last play. But as it was  said all weekend, during every game, is the fact that none of the starters played an entire game together in the preseason.That was a warm up game and the Jets should consider that as lucky win.

Smith didn't look as bad as I thought he would. I bet he takes Sanchez's job. He definitely looked better than RGIII, who didn't take a snap preseason, in the first half of his game. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I can't believe he blamed the Bucs situation on Obama.

To be fair, "and G.W. Bush." Our economy started tanking with him at the helm. :icon_deadhorse:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The Bucs situation had less to do with economics and everything to do with the nature of the market

Aren't those tied to each other?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

They lost to the Jets.  0-16 could happen especially with Black Sanchez at QB

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

They lost to the Jets.  0-16 could happen especially with Black Sanchez at QB

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9B5F2.gif

One of the funniest gifs I've seen in a while!  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

They lost to the Jets. 0-16 could happen especially with Black Sanchez at QB

Lol

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

latest_numbers_LAUMT12453003_2003_2013_a

nfl attendance has been on the rise for 2 straight years now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-attendance-is-finally-back-on-the-rise-sports-chart-of-the-day-2012-10

The Florida economy has been worse than most of the nation so yeah, I believe that.  Tampa has been hit worse than many other cities when it comes to unemployment too. That graph was for Tampa, not Florida or the US.

Florida is worse off than most other states in the wake of the great recession. That's according to economists at Florida Atlantic University. Their Labor Day report says Florida started losing ground long before the recession, beginning in 2000. The state's household median income fell by 56 hundred dollars, or 11.5%, between 2000 and 2011. The employment rate, median hourly wage, and number of hours worked are also below what they were 13 years ago. At the same time, the costs of housing, food, and transportation have all gone up.

Read More at: http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/florida-economy-worse-than-most-other-states-35651.shtml

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Bucs can't fill the stadium because people don't care enough to buy tickets. Unemployment plays a role, but every city has dealt with those issues.