• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We didn't gave Skip one class before jumping on him.

That's because he went 8-5 his first year

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

This offense got better this week.

It will continue to improve as all of the qbs improve at game speed.

I had hoped to see Bench throw the ball, but right now all we need is a QB that can see the field. It will come, and before this season ends. I see a strong finish and a bowl game.

Go ahead and bash this idea, but in December I want to either eat my words or rub it in every ****** fan's face on this board!

Either way I'm fine with it, are you?

The offense got better? Really?

Yes.  They played the best defense they will face this year and looked organized and together as a unit.  The other team was just that much better than us.  Last week our offense looked like a circus.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529

This offense got better this week. 

It will continue to improve as all of the qbs improve at game speed. 

I had hoped to see Bench throw the ball, but right now all we need is a QB that can see the field.  It will come, and before this season ends.  I see a strong finish and a bowl game. 

Go ahead and bash this idea, but in December I want to either eat my words or rub it in every ****** fan's face on this board!

Either way I'm fine with it, are you?

I hope you are right, but I know better. None of these guys, with this offensive line, will enjoy any consistent major college football success. An occasional win? Maybe. But no way is the team going bowling this year.

Have you seen the schedule?

Bingo.  We have 8 win-able games if we play like this.  We will win 6 of them and lose 2 of them because of all the things the negative ******** here say. 

Bench will be the QB at the end of the season.  Taggart knows that and is just trying to stay safe and give us a chance as he stands on the sideline and learns. 

We will have running plays for 75% of the plays and when he throws he will be able to see the field. 

Mark it, bitches!

Consider it marked. 

The offense got better...all evidence to the contrary, unless you count multiple field goals, no TD's, dropped (if not outright missed passes) and overthrown passes and a fumble turned into a touchdown as improvement. About those eight winnable games, amigo...I'm sticking with my preseason tally of four wins (where I'm already wrong, McSU I had picked as a win)....now I'm down to FAU, SMU & Memphis. 

:FIREdevil:

Wooly.  Now you can't say that two field goals against MICHIGAN STATE isn't better than one lucky running play and 2 garbage time TDs against McNeese.  You can't throw out the level of defeinsive competition. 

Now I will say this.  That is where I sit right now, but like any warm blooded fan I reserve the right to change my mind at ANY time.  I am admittedly hopeful, but if we make FAU look like they can play football, I'll jump off the optimism wagin and right onto the 'rebuilding' wagon.  Hopefully we don't all have to slide all the way to the 'we just suck forever' wagon!!!!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

This team always play up or down to their competition.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

We didn't gave Skip one class before jumping on him.

That's because he went 8-5 his first year

he also wasn't brought in under the same circumstances as Taggart.

Holtz was brought in because Leavitt was fired for off-field infraction, not because Leavitt was ******** the bed with losing seasons. many of us questioned whether Leavitt could get us over the hump in conference play and take us to the next level, but at the very least he was good for a bowl berth every year.

compare that to Holtz, who was fired for poor performance. his best season was his first season, and he got progressively worse from there.

the argument cant be made that Holtz "needed more time" when he took over a winning program, won with the players left behind by the previous coach, got progressively worse as his own players were brought in to replace the previous coach's players as they graduated, and demonstrated absolutely no tangible ability to recruit solid players or coach up the players he did recruit.

that is evidenced by what Taggart has to work with, which isn't a whole hell of a lot. Holtz was left with a winning team and NFL talent at QB and on defense that Leavitt recruited. Taggart has been left with junior varsity caliber talent at QB, a horrible OLine, lazy receivers, and an underachieving defense.

Holtz was brought in to a 7-8 win team that went to bowl games annually with the expectation of getting us to the next step, 10+ wins and a BE championship.

Taggart was brought into a 3 win team with the expectation of AT LEAST getting us bowling within the first couple seasons in a newer, weaker conference. i don't see it this year, but i see no reason why it won't happen within the next year or 2.

Holtz was a reactionary hire.

Leavitt was a locally raised jock with a WWE wrestler's voice who liked to run with the kids, headbutt their helmets and get pumped up with his squad. he also repeatedly cold shouldered the media.

after the Leavitt "situation," USF clearly looked to hire someone with the intent of counteracting the Leavitt image rather than hiring the best coach. Holtz is a pillow soft choirboy who played "mommy" to his players and Howdy Doody golly gee wiz suckup with the media and couldnt recruit worth ****.

i think Taggart is a good hire. he seems to be more level than Leavitt but more energetic than Holtz. he is here for a rebuild and im willing to give him time to set the ship (the bus?) right. just need to see IMPROVEMENT, and starting from a 3-9 season the bar is not all that high.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848

turning a program like USF from a bad mid-major into a nationally ranked team is like turning a 400 pound woman into a super model.

very true

Holtz was a reactionary hire.

Leavitt was a locally raised jock with a WWE wrestler's voice who liked to run with the kids, headbutt their helmets and get pumped up with his squad. he also repeatedly cold shouldered the media.

after the Leavitt "situation," USF clearly looked to hire someone with the intent of counteracting the Leavitt image rather than hiring the best coach. Holtz is a pillow soft choirboy who played "mommy" to his players and Howdy Doody golly gee wiz suckup with the media and couldnt recruit worth ****.

i think Taggart is a good hire. he seems to be more level than Leavitt but more energetic than Holtz. he is here for a rebuild and im willing to give him time to set the ship (the bus?) right. just need to see IMPROVEMENT, and starting from a 3-9 season the bar is not all that high.

We need to give CWT the three years that we gave Holtz. It may take him longer to rebuild it than Holtz took to burn it to the ground, but the guy has a tough road ahead of him.

sure, but then what is the goal for him after 3 years?

if he goes 2-10 this season, 4-8 next season, 6-6 after 3 years do we keep him?

i think so. it shows growth. this will be a long process. if Taggart can get us bowl eligible in his first 3 years i think he sticks around. low standard but i think that's where the program is at.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Its the fast food fan mentality. Everyone before the season says they realize its a rebuilding season and don't expect much. When they get what they said they expected,

You sir are ABSOLUTLY correct!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

If Taggart shows improvement every year keep him. Keep the momentum!