• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quarterback?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Bench was an EVEN #2 with Eveld on the opening day depth chart.

START Bench and tell white that he needs to step it up.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's obvious that CWT doesn't think White is ready or he'd have him play.

I have no faith in cwt's ability to assess quarterbacks at this point. That he thought Floyd was our best option and the way he is slow to pull qb's is embarrassing.

He only had practice to base that on.  My guess is he let Floyd come out in the second half of that game to see how he responded.  It obviously didn't work out.  He made a change.  Eveld had a tough task Saturday, he didn't play well, but he also made very few bad mistakes (except for one pass, that should have been picked).  The two turnovers weren't his fault.  On both, he got hit while trying to throw the ball.  There were several drops and some of his incompletes were just him trying to get rid of the ball.

I'm still waiting to see how he plays next week.

Ahhh, E.T.  You sound like the voice of reason

That sounds like more being reactive than reason.

So, if Bench has a bad game you sit him and bring in White?  What if White has a bad game?  I would think that CWT knows his QBs better than we do.  Please don't give me he started Floyd in the first game, he only had practice to go off of.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

what do we do if white uses his red shirt this year then gets hurt next year? what a waste it would be as it would count against his eligibility.

The redshirt rules are not as simple as you are stating in this thread. There are situations where you cannot use an available redshirt even if injured (late in the season) and also situations where you can get an extra year even if your redshirt has been used.

you can get a 6th year if you used the red shirt for an injury the first time. you can't if you sit a guy out for no reason like we did grothe

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

what do we do if white uses his red shirt this year then gets hurt next year? what a waste it would be as it would count against his eligibility.

So are you saying we shouldn't have redshirted Grothe?

I don't think you should ever sit a guy that is better than someone in front of him just because he's a true freshman.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Holy crap. Pull the **** redshirt off White. We need a Qb with Confidence. Eveld ***, Floyd (Fumbleruski), Bench ( Head down can't see the field).

LOL.  Floyd hasn't fumbled once this season.  And Bench had what, three plays?  Somehow from that you can deduce his passing ability?  This offense has way too many issues to turn over to a true freshman that isn't a super stud.  If you think things have been bad so far, they could be far worse.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's obvious that CWT doesn't think White is ready or he'd have him play.

I have no faith in cwt's ability to assess quarterbacks at this point. That he thought Floyd was our best option and the way he is slow to pull qb's is embarrassing.

Oddly enough, I have no faith in your ability to assess QBs you have never even seen practice.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

when we had Julmiste as a senior starter and grothe as a freshman back-up Leavitt initially chose Julmiste thinking he gave us the best chance to win. it didn't take long for him to realize the young guy was not only better but could also gain invaluable experience for the future.

Don't rewrite history. Leavitt made it clear going into the first game that year that they were both going to play and audition for the earring job.