• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quarterback?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So, digging up this topic again we have some new info today to analyze.  Courtesy of our outgoing reporter Greg Auman:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/taggart-will-look-to-bench-for-regular-qb-cameos/2141001

Eveld will continue to start, as Bench gets worked in more and more.  

"Everybody wants Steven to just get in there -- (fan voice) 'Put Steven in' -- but it doesn't work that way. We're not just going to do that to the kid or our football program. We're going to make the best decision for our football program and our kids."

My interpretation of the interview is Taggart saying: "Eveld knows the offense and doesn't mess things up too badly.  Bench is a better option, but he hasn't had the time necessary to understand the entire offense.  We'll feed him a little more each week and his playing time will increase, because we know he's the guy for next year and maybe a better option later this year.  And oh yeah, our OLine and WRs have also sucked big time through the first two games"

Like I said, they aren't going to throw Bench into the fire no matter how many want to see him, HE'S NOT READY. Besides it being a disaster, some of you act like you don't know human nature. Put someone in without preparing him won't instill any confidence in the coaching staff or themself and most likely would be a major setback in his development.  When the time is right you'll see more and more of him, not before.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Did anyone else read the article in today's TBT about Bench getting more playing time?  He is getting more snaps in practice as well.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's been posted, maybe even earlier in this thread.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I really do hope we see more of him in games, and that he can be successful.  His mobility is MUCH needed with an o-line that has trouble pass protecting.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

My hope is that we see Bench because we're up by so much and he's doing mop up duty.

My hope as well. Eveld is still the "safe" starter, but GaUSF is right, we need more mobility if our line can't give the QB some time.