• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quarterback?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Eveld has proven time and time again that he has a negative impact on the team. He has zero QB intelligence, no confidence, and turns the ball over like crazy. 

Bobby had two turnovers today... neither of which were his fault. Turnovers have never been his problem.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld has proven time and time again that he has a negative impact on the team. He has zero QB intelligence, no confidence, and turns the ball over like crazy. 

Bobby had two turnovers today... neither of which were his fault. Turnovers have never been his problem.

He also threw into double+ coverage all day and did nothing else for the offense. He had 2 or 3 picks dropped. He looked like a statue out there. Eveld is going to start next week for whatever asinine reason. That's the way college football works. It makes zero sense. Eveld brings nothing to the table and there is no upside. Clearly this is a lost season. Why we wouldn't play Bench the rest of the year or even White is beyond me. Bench using 25% of the playbook is probably better than Eveld playing with 100% of it. The more experience he gets the better he will be. Clearly bench is more mobile and he probably has a stronger arm. Taggart does not need to be playing for useless wins this season. I would rather go 0-12 with Bench playing if it meant we would be substantially better next year. 

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I am gonna let the guy they hired to run the football team decide what's best. Its his team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I am gonna let the guy they hired to run the football team decide what's best. Its his team.

^ This. 

Eveld didn't learn until Saturday morning that he was starting over sophomore Matt Floyd, who threw two interceptions in last week's loss. Taggart said he intends to stick with Eveld, barring a bad week of practice.

"I personally don't think Bobby did anything to hurt us," he said. "You're talking about turnovers. He got hit in the back.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah...if Skip or Leavitt stuck with Eveld today there would be 40 threads talking about how awful they are and how they have no grasp on this team

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Last week - "oh my god, floyd is terrible look how confident eveld looked when he finally got a chance. No ond could be as bad as floyd."

This week - "oh my god, eveld is terrible look how confident bench lookes when he finally got a chance. No one could do worse than 6 for 24."

I shudder with anticipation what next week holds.

+ 1

2 down 2 to go.

back-up QB is always most popular player on our team.

Yeah...if Skip or Leavitt stuck with Eveld today there would be 40 threads talking about how awful they are and how they have no grasp on this team

Hate to be that guy, but I don't think Leavitt would have been in this situation in the first place, He recruited/made two good college qb's. Skip left us with a turd 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

we always had a mysterious back-up that everyone KNEW was better than the starter. Now we're not so sure.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Hey, do you remember that USF game against Notre Dame? Do you remember this:

coach-kelly-teaching-moment-usf.0_standa

The guy he's screaming at is starting against Michigan tonight. Its on ESPN. You don' abandon your players, you coach them up.