• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP In-Game Thread and Chat Room - Bulls vs Michigan St.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

II am not going to read 66 pages of this but the last couple of pages seem to be bashing Eveld. He had no time to throw the ball. People behind me are screaming at the kid. Half the time the dline was backin the pocket before he was. From our seats this game was not on the QB.

Ricky, what was the general tenor in the stands of the WR play?  Could you guys see the plays from up there in the stands and get a feeling about effort?  Just wanting to get your thoughts.

I agree, wasn't much the QB could have done unless of course we had a Grothe, which we don't.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Didn't even remotely imply he should. The only question I asked was when do we stop blaming every single negative thing this season on our previous coach who was fired 9 months ago.

When the current coach can actually get some of his players in the game? Sometime after 6-7 games?
So on the off chance we're 1-6 at that point with a win over FAU, you're not going to come in here blaming Holtz for it? ********. Holtz is going to be the default reason for every loss until 2016. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Didn't even remotely imply he should. The only question I asked was when do we stop blaming every single negative thing this season on our previous coach who was fired 9 months ago.

When the current coach can actually get some of his players in the game? Sometime after 6-7 games?
So on the off chance we're 1-6 at that point with a win over FAU, you're not going to come in here blaming Holtz for it? ********. Holtz is going to be the default reason for every loss until 2016.

I won't be blaming anyone for it.  7 games is plenty of time for a system to take hold.  We've already seen some improvement in week 2.  The true test will be once Taggart has his own guys in here ... then if we still have issues, yeah, it's on him.  

It's like I give you a car, it looks pretty nice, but I haven't changed the oil in months, it's low on gas, the battery is run down and the engine is leaking fluid.  You didn't realize it and I didn't tell you about the issues when I gave you the car, but the issues are manifesting now and since you hold the title, you have to deal with the repairs yourself. 

The problems all happened under my watch, but they're your responsibility since now it's your car.  Nothing you can do but try to fix the issues.

In case you haven't been following, Holtz was the previous owner, and Taggart is the new owner.  Make sense?  

So on the off chance we're 1-6 at that point with a win over FAU, you're not going to come in here blaming Holtz for it? ********. Holtz is going to be the default reason for every loss until 2016.

I won't be blaming anyone for it. 7 games is plenty of time for a system to take hold. We've already seen some improvement in week 2. The true test will be once Taggart has his own guys in here ... then if we still have issues, yeah, it's on him.

It's like I give you a car, it looks pretty nice, but I haven't changed the oil in months, it's low on gas, the battery is run down and the engine is leaking fluid. You didn't realize it and I didn't tell you about the issues when I gave you the car, but the issues are manifesting now and since you hold the title, you have to deal with the repairs yourself.

The problems all happened under my watch, but they're your responsibility since now it's your car. Nothing you can do but try to fix the issues.

In case you haven't been following, Holtz was the previous owner, and Taggart is the new owner. Make sense?

We'll see in about 2 months how objectively you critique CWT because 1-6 is pushing best case scenario.

I won't be blaming anyone for it. 7 games is plenty of time for a system to take hold. We've already seen some improvement in week 2. The true test will be once Taggart has his own guys in here ... then if we still have issues, yeah, it's on him.

It's like I give you a car, it looks pretty nice, but I haven't changed the oil in months, it's low on gas, the battery is run down and the engine is leaking fluid. You didn't realize it and I didn't tell you about the issues when I gave you the car, but the issues are manifesting now and since you hold the title, you have to deal with the repairs yourself.

The problems all happened under my watch, but they're your responsibility since now it's your car. Nothing you can do but try to fix the issues.

In case you haven't been following, Holtz was the previous owner, and Taggart is the new owner. Make sense?

We'll see in about 2 months how objectively you critique CWT because 1-6 is pushing best case scenario.

You think I don't get that?  I'm watching the same games as you.  Only difference is you only hold coaches responsible, I tend to put the onus on the players to know their assignments and do their jobs, especially early in the season with a new coach and new schemes.  

Just a fair warning though, go ahead and set your timer for 2 months to check on me, but I'll save you the trouble.  I consider this a rebuilding year, so I'm giving CWT a pass on 2013 because it's obvious to me he doesn't have much to work with.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

You think I don't get that? I'm watching the same games as you. Only difference is you only hold coaches responsible, I tend to put the onus on the players to know their assignments and do their jobs, especially early in the season with a new coach and new schemes.

Just a fair warning though, go ahead and set your timer for 2 months to check on me, but I'll save you the trouble. I consider this a rebuilding year, so I'm giving CWT a pass on 2013 because it's obvious to me he doesn't have much to work with.

Like I said, give me a date you're comfortable evaluating CWT. I pegged you for 2016.

You think I don't get that? I'm watching the same games as you. Only difference is you only hold coaches responsible, I tend to put the onus on the players to know their assignments and do their jobs, especially early in the season with a new coach and new schemes.

Just a fair warning though, go ahead and set your timer for 2 months to check on me, but I'll save you the trouble. I consider this a rebuilding year, so I'm giving CWT a pass on 2013 because it's obvious to me he doesn't have much to work with.

Like I said, give me a date you're comfortable evaluating CWT. I pegged you for 2016.

Mid-2015 is good.  It's equivalent to the time in the Holtz tenure I completely lost faith in him, I should give Taggart the same courtesy, right?  Right?  

Mid-2015 is good. It's equivalent to the time in the Holtz tenure I completely lost faith in him, I should give Taggart the same courtesy, right? Right?

Mid 2015 it is. Until then, we'll just keep giving CWT stickers and tell him to keep up the good work.

I was thinking lollipops and toys from the treasure chest, but if you're a sticker guy, more power to ya.  

I was thinking lollipops and toys from the treasure chest, but if you're a sticker guy, more power to ya.

Please. Scratch-n-sniff all the way. This isn't preschool.