• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not to mention, UGA doesn't come to UF.  Game is almost always, with very few exceptions, at a neutral site.  

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Since you brought up UF, how much debt do you think they have on the Swamp?  How much debt would we have with our own OCS?  I assure you it would be a hell of a lot more than UF.

They probablly pay a fraction in upkeep of the Swamp, as we do in rental fees and lost revenue to the TSA to play in Rutgers Stadium.

Also we are leasing space at Ray Jay vs buying something outright, paying it off, and owning it.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Do you have any actual numbers?  Also, you failed to mention the loan debt.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Since you brought up UF, how much debt do you think they have on the Swamp?  How much debt would we have with our own OCS?  I assure you it would be a hell of a lot more than UF.

They probablly pay a fraction in upkeep of the Swamp, as we do in rental fees and lost revenue to the TSA to play in Rutgers Stadium.

Also we are leasing space at Ray Jay vs buying something outright, paying it off, and owning it.

I agree .... renting sucks. We should be in the business of flipping stadiums.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sure, all we need is $200 M to $300 M and we can build an OCS and own it outright.  I we can earn an extra $2M per year by owning our own stadium, it'll only take us 100+ years worth of profits for it to pay for itself!

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Dang, another OCS thread, just what we needed.

In case you were not sure, USF does not equal UF.

To think moving to an OCS would help us is crazy. We had 22k at a home game in RJS so taking on $150M in debt to support 22k attendees is an idiodic move. Just saying.

Wish these stupid OCS threads would die. And this one wasn't even from one of the trolls from the east.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So I was listening to some guys on the radio this morning.  One thing to keep in mind is that the big donors have much nicer facilities in RayJay available than they would have in any OCS that we could afford to build.  Just one more factor to keep in mind.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Dang, another OCS thread, just what we needed.

In case you were not sure, USF does not equal UF.

To think moving to an OCS would help us is crazy. We had 22k at a home game in RJS so taking on $150M in debt to support 22k attendees is an idiodic move. Just saying.

Wish these stupid OCS threads would die. And this one wasn't even from one of the trolls from the east.

$150 Million, I think it would be like $200 Million.   

Die thread die....    

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I forgot the obligatory picture for these threads:

AwJeezNotThisShitAgain.jpg

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Sure, all we need is $200 M to $300 M and we can build an OCS and own it outright.  I we can earn an extra $2M per year by owning our own stadium, it'll only take us 100+ years worth of profits for it to pay for itself!

Your math is off, he said that make about 2 million per GAME, not per season.

6 sometimes 7 home games a year is an additional 12 to 14 million a year.

I also think the point of the OP was that we probably don't even make 2 million a year from Ray Jay revenue.