• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf doesnt need a stadium

our tickets go for 2 dollars. come on!!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not sure about the financing for something of this magnitude, but using simple amortization, financing $150 million, for 30 years, at 4% interest would require $8.6 million a year in debt payments.

We wouldn't need to finance anything... last season USF brought in $600 million in donations, which adds to the billion or so they have in the bank.

We have the $$.

Those donations were for a variety of areas.  Don't you think that if we had $200 - $300 million available to us for a stadium, we wouldn't jump on it?  If we didn't have to finance any of it, then yes, you're correct, it would be better than what we currently have.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not sure about the financing for something of this magnitude, but using simple amortization, financing $150 million, for 30 years, at 4% interest would require $8.6 million a year in debt payments.

That means for 7 home games, $1.2 million would go to debt alone; $1.4 million if we only have 6 home games.

That is assuming that we don't have the money in hand already.

I believe we do.

That means for 7 home games, $1.2 million would go to debt alone; $1.4 million if we only have 6 home games.

That is assuming that we don't have the money in hand already.

I believe we do.

I understand that you believe this.  However, you haven't provided any proof to your assertions.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We wouldn't need to finance anything... last season USF brought in $600 million in donations, which adds to the billion or so they have in the bank.

We have the $$.

Those donations were for a variety of areas.  Don't you think that if we had $200 - $300 million available to us for a stadium, we wouldn't jump on it?  If we didn't have to finance any of it, then yes, you're correct, it would be better than what we currently have.

Well we can borrow the money from ourselves... USF has done this before. I know they have and was told that they do it from time to time on special projects, as long as they can pay it back. They borrow the funds from themselves to pay for a capital project and then repay it over X amount of fiscal years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Since you brought up UF, how much debt do you think they have on the Swamp?  How much debt would we have with our own OCS?  I assure you it would be a hell of a lot more than UF.

They probablly pay a fraction in upkeep of the Swamp, as we do in rental fees and lost revenue to the TSA to play in Rutgers Stadium.

Also we are leasing space at Ray Jay vs buying something outright, paying it off, and owning it.

Sure, all we need is $200 M to $300 M and we can build an OCS and own it outright.  I we can earn an extra $2M per year by owning our own stadium, it'll only take us 100+ years worth of profits for it to pay for itself!

Your math is off, he said that make about 2 million per GAME, not per season.

6 sometimes 7 home games a year is an additional 12 to 14 million a year.

I also think the point of the OP was that we probably don't even make 2 million a year from Ray Jay revenue.

Ding, Ding, Ding ^^^

We have someone with a reading comprehension level higher then 1st grade...

Would this be an example of irony?

Since you brought up UF, how much debt do you think they have on the Swamp?  How much debt would we have with our own OCS?  I assure you it would be a hell of a lot more than UF.

They probablly pay a fraction in upkeep of the Swamp, as we do in rental fees and lost revenue to the TSA to play in Rutgers Stadium.

Also we are leasing space at Ray Jay vs buying something outright, paying it off, and owning it.

Sure, all we need is $200 M to $300 M and we can build an OCS and own it outright.  I we can earn an extra $2M per year by owning our own stadium, it'll only take us 100+ years worth of profits for it to pay for itself!

Your math is off, he said that make about 2 million per GAME, not per season.

6 sometimes 7 home games a year is an additional 12 to 14 million a year.

I also think the point of the OP was that we probably don't even make 2 million a year from Ray Jay revenue.

Ding, Ding, Ding ^^^

We have someone with a reading comprehension level higher then 1st grade...

Would this be an example of irony?

I believe it is.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Again, have you considered the debt, upkeep, salaries, etc. that we'd have to pay for? $1 million, six or seven times a year may not cover it.

I don't think that this would be the case... what is difference between the upkeep, salaries, debt, and such with the Sun Dome we now have and a new 35K-40K seat football stadium?

Also right now we don't even get $2.5 million a year from our deal with the Buc's... other teams bring in that amount EACH GAME.

Also keep in mind that we would get a 100% of the revenue from an OCS vs. ththe ittle bit we get now.

The teams making the 2.5m per game are putting 90k+ fans in the stadium EVERY Saturday and have thousands more that flood the campus just to be there on gameday. Meanwhile, we put 22k in the stands last weekend.....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We have the $$.

Those donations were for a variety of areas. Don't you think that if we had $200 - $300 million available to us for a stadium, we wouldn't jump on it? If we didn't have to finance any of it, then yes, you're correct, it would be better than what we currently have.

Well we can borrow the money from ourselves... USF has done this before. I know they have and was told that they do it from time to time on special projects, as long as they can pay it back. They borrow the funds from themselves to pay for a capital project and then repay it over X amount of fiscal years.

That X in your equation is about 50 years, at best. Not happening.

All we have to do is charge $100k per ticket and we'd be all set.