• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rome was not built in a day...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Thought it was funny/interesting, Greg just tweeted today that CWT added two new walk-on QBs to our roster. LOL, maybe trying to inspire?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Don't try talking sense on here Salty, nobody wants to hear that. According to all the experts on this forum we are now going 0-12.

Do yourself a favor and try to stay off here until we win a few, I'm trying to do the same....if Bulliever would stop posting twitter links It'd be easier!

Man up Hem!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I usually just read the board without posting much.  However, a few things have gotten to me a little.  After one bad loss, I agree it was bad; many of the people on this board flip out.  I understand the logic, we are supposed to be better then they are even on our worst day.  We have to consider that WT is building something for sustained success and not instant gratification.  Maybe it is the world we live in today that causes people to be so near cited but our goal is the future.  Sure we want to win some games now but WT is trying to build this program back the proper way. 

Saturday’s loss was shocking but should it have been?  This program has been in steady decline since Skip got here and Saturday’s game was the icing on the cake.  People want to point out what WKU did on Saturday, great, but also realize that Pitrino was able to do that because of the way WT left that program.  In the same respect, what happened Saturday has as much to do with the way Skip left the program.

What really gets under my skin is how are players are having to deal with some of our very own idiot fans talking crap to them on the various media outlets.  A few of our players have considered deleting their twitter feeds because of these bozos.  Sure, that is a great way to treat our current players and make players wan to come here in the future.  If you are a USF fan you should support the players at all times while they are trying to help your team become successful.  If you want to complain to somebody go to the AD and the coaching staff.  They are the ones being paid to improve the program.

It was one game and this team will be better because of it.  Give WT a chance to get some work done.

Thanks for your perspective, and I hope you post more.

People hate that all the negative nancys come out when time are tough.  What is expected?  Most are into the "me first" thinking, and even feel they are owed wins because the players have scholarships.

When I hear you say people are sending negative stuff to players via twitter, that's even worse.  What has the fan base become?

You speak of Rome, perhaps we're going the way of the Romans.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

I usually just read the board without posting much.  However, a few things have gotten to me a little.  After one bad loss, I agree it was bad; many of the people on this board flip out.  I understand the logic, we are supposed to be better then they are even on our worst day.  We have to consider that WT is building something for sustained success and not instant gratification.  Maybe it is the world we live in today that causes people to be so near cited but our goal is the future.  Sure we want to win some games now but WT is trying to build this program back the proper way. 

Saturday’s loss was shocking but should it have been?  This program has been in steady decline since Skip got here and Saturday’s game was the icing on the cake.  People want to point out what WKU did on Saturday, great, but also realize that Pitrino was able to do that because of the way WT left that program.  In the same respect, what happened Saturday has as much to do with the way Skip left the program.

What really gets under my skin is how are players are having to deal with some of our very own idiot fans talking crap to them on the various media outlets.  A few of our players have considered deleting their twitter feeds because of these bozos.  Sure, that is a great way to treat our current players and make players wan to come here in the future.  If you are a USF fan you should support the players at all times while they are trying to help your team become successful.  If you want to complain to somebody go to the AD and the coaching staff.  They are the ones being paid to improve the program.

It was one game and this team will be better because of it.  Give WT a chance to get some work done.

Thanks for your perspective, and I hope you post more.

People hate that all the negative nancys come out when time are tough.  What is expected?  Most are into the "me first" thinking, and even feel they are owed wins because the players have scholarships.

When I hear you say people are sending negative stuff to players via twitter, that's even worse.  What has the fan base become?

You speak of Rome, perhaps we're going the way of the Romans.

But they held the top spot for what, 400 years?  We still need to conquer before we fall.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Well folks, the old Reaper is back!!! Years older, years wiser, a coach in the High School ranks myself, and ready again to add the good ole 2 cents. Good to see old faces(names) again.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day, AND the walls of Jerico did fall. However, What is disparaging to me is that the team in all facets looked ill prepared and looked lost. This was a new look I have not seen for USF football. We always had our she-at together for our first game or was better prepared. We then worked out the bugs and got better each contest, or attempted to. This team seems to have no leadership or no fire. This I attribute to coaching. If we can't prepare, how do we expect our players to perform. It's too easy to blame the players when we really need to look at the source. Once again, good to be back and more from me coming in the future. Don't fear the Reaper!

Me too Reaper.  I just finished rewatching the game on ESPN 3 to see if I could see the gap issues, the missed assignments, the poor alignment, etc.  I really saw nothing of the sort but what I did see was the Bulls (especially the entire defense and receivers on offense but it happened everywhere) getting out-worked and out-hustled by McNeese St. players.  One team was playing to win a game, the other (our Bulls) were just going through the motions.  I really disagree with the DE's going back into coverage constantly and the wide cavernous gaps provided to MSU between the line and the backers.  I also saw alot of 4-2 alignments on defense in the video, were we really running a 4-2-5?  We played more aggressive as a Div II team back in the day.  We'll get beat every game this year if this is the efforts mustered by this team on game day.

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

Well folks, the old Reaper is back!!! Years older, years wiser, a coach in the High School ranks myself, and ready again to add the good ole 2 cents. Good to see old faces(names) again.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day, AND the walls of Jerico did fall. However, What is disparaging to me is that the team in all facets looked ill prepared and looked lost. This was a new look I have not seen for USF football. We always had our she-at together for our first game or was better prepared. We then worked out the bugs and got better each contest, or attempted to. This team seems to have no leadership or no fire. This I attribute to coaching. If we can't prepare, how do we expect our players to perform. It's too easy to blame the players when we really need to look at the source. Once again, good to be back and more from me coming in the future. Don't fear the Reaper!

Well said

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

"I watched last year's game. I liked how we matched up. Says a lot about Willie Taggart and how he built this program."-Bobby Petrino

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Watched WKU on ESPN 360...they look good.  Can't wait to see what CWT can build here.  Petrino is basically running what WKU did last year for the most part. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Me too Reaper.  I just finished rewatching the game on ESPN 3 to see if I could see the gap issues, the missed assignments, the poor alignment, etc.  I really saw nothing of the sort but what I did see was the Bulls (especially the entire defense and receivers on offense but it happened everywhere) getting out-worked and out-hustled by McNeese St. players.  One team was playing to win a game, the other (our Bulls) were just going through the motions.  I really disagree with the DE's going back into coverage constantly and the wide cavernous gaps provided to MSU between the line and the backers.  I also saw alot of 4-2 alignments on defense in the video, were we really running a 4-2-5?  We played more aggressive as a Div II team back in the day.  We'll get beat every game this year if this is the efforts mustered by this team on game day.

I hate dropping linemen into coverage. why take a guy out of his natural position? your job as coach is to put a guy in position to succeed. these linemen do not make good cover men.