• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know... USF Football players are your fellow students, right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Nevermind, but I definitely see why you keep changing names. It's hard to build "legend" status with a "I know you are but what am I?" portfolio of deep thoughts.

I've never changed my name, Tex. It's a conspiracy theory joke dating back years, that TripleB tastefully perpetuates.

Tastefully?? .... I need to ramp it up a bit, then.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Huge difference between booing aimed at players, and booing aimed at a football program, athletic dept, and/or university. 

The booing that was going on Saturday was aimed at the athletic department and the university, not the players. And it's well deserved. 

It's not Floyd's fault that he's the best option at QB. 

Fire Woolard,

Rueb

WOW, you were able to make sure that the players know that you were booing the football program, athletic department, and/or university. Please enlighten us on how you were able to do that. Let me get this straight if you and another person were standing on a street corner and people started pointing at the 2 of you and laughing you would know who they were laughing at? I call BS, all the kids know is, as they were running off of the field people were booing.

I missed the game, but with all due respect, people are paying $1000's a year for their football tickets. The loss was a colossal one, unparalleled in USF's short history and clearly a new low. If some of the players took booing as directed at them, I say good. Screw the "every kid gets a trophy" crap. Underperformance gets criticized and publicly ridiculed. Maybe they won't like it and will do better in the future to avoid it. That performance deserved more than booing IMHO. Kids, students, USF, whatever you want to call them - they deserved to know how others feel. I have kids in sports and when they play a good game, they hear praise. When they play a bad game, they hear the truth. Truth hurts sometimes but it also makes people sharper. This isn't about hurting feelings, it is about expressing emotions and being truthful. If I saw Willie or some of the players on the street today, I'd call it like it was. No need for supportive statements like "better luck next time"....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

But every USF player does get a trophy...it just might not have your name spelled right.

Huge difference between booing aimed at players, and booing aimed at a football program, athletic dept, and/or university. 

The booing that was going on Saturday was aimed at the athletic department and the university, not the players. And it's well deserved. 

Fire Woolard,

Rueb

WOW, you were able to make sure that the players know that you were booing the football program, athletic department, and/or university. Please enlighten us on how you were able to do that. Let me get this straight if you and another person were standing on a street corner and people started pointing at the 2 of you and laughing you would know who they were laughing at? I call BS, all the kids know is, as they were running off of the field people were booing.

I missed the game, but with all due respect, people are paying $1000's a year for their football tickets. The loss was a colossal one, unparalleled in USF's short history and clearly a new low. If some of the players took booing as directed at them, I say good. Screw the "every kid gets a trophy" crap. Underperformance gets criticized and publicly ridiculed. Maybe they won't like it and will do better in the future to avoid it. That performance deserved more than booing IMHO. Kids, students, USF, whatever you want to call them - they deserved to know how others feel. I have kids in sports and when they play a good game, they hear praise. When they play a bad game, they hear the truth. Truth hurts sometimes but it also makes people sharper. This isn't about hurting feelings, it is about expressing emotions and being truthful. If I saw Willie or some of the players on the street today, I'd call it like it was. No need for supportive statements like "better luck next time"....

It's about expressing one's emotions PERIOD. It's about you, if you're booing, feeling better about yourself ... stupidly thinking how you've somehow helped the players by letting them know how bad they were playing ... like they, nor the ones' responsible for their play, realized how they were playing.

Do you and the other parents at your kids' game boo them when they aren't playing well?

But every USF player does get a trophy...it just might not have your name spelled right.

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201

Fire Woolard,

Rueb

It's about expressing one's emotions PERIOD. It's about you, if you're booing, feeling better about yourself ... stupidly thinking how you've somehow helped the players by letting them know how bad they were playing ... like they, nor the ones' responsible for their play, realized how they were playing.

Do you and the other parents at your kids' game boo them when they aren't playing well?

If you don't think in youth sports that parents are not openly commenting on poor performance (just as they cheer, clap, encourage for good performance) then you must not have been to a youth sporting event in a while. Might not be booing as it is a smaller setting, but clearly vocal in all aspects. Immediate feedback is provided. In a collective audience, ie RJS, booing for a piss poor performance ( as willie called it) seems to be acceptable. Fans letting the collective product on the field (coaches, athletes, administration) know their displeasure. Again, not saying I'd boo just that it certainly is a right of attendees to express however they feel their emotions on a game that was a piece of doodoo.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

IncrediBULL, I don't believe in the everyone gets a trophy mentaility, but I also don't believe in everyone gets publicly ridiculed mentality. If you chose to boo, that is your choice. I chose not to. I have recently been to a youth sporting event. People don't openly criticize other people's kids/players/etc...The individual families may discuss the play of others amongst themselves, but not as a collective. This was at a very high level select soccer league. To each his own.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Booing your own team is just dumb.  I thought fans were supposed to pick their team up in the middle of the game.  Be the so called 12th man.  Not in Tampa I guess.  The dullards on this board seem to think you are making a brilliant political statement by acting like a moron.  I guess the cheerleaders should learn a new "rah-rah-rah-you guys surely suck" chant...

Sidenote* Conference realignment showed how money is destroying college football but it is still about a degree of honor and respectable values in my mind. The point is to build character in young men.  Taking criticism is part of that.  Booing imparts nothing constructive.  It's acting out for acting outs sake.

The distinction about booing a moronic coaching decision is valid but that isn't what happened this past weekend.  They were booing the kid for taking the field.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

IncrediBULL, I don't believe in the everyone gets a trophy mentaility, but I also don't believe in everyone gets publicly ridiculed mentality. If you chose to boo, that is your choice. I chose not to. I have recently been to a youth sporting event. People don't openly criticize other people's kids/players/etc...The individual families may discuss the play of others amongst themselves, but not as a collective. This was at a very high level select soccer league. To each his own.

I would like to know what youth sports event/league you went to that the parents didn't talk about other kids/parents/coaches... In that environment, when they're standing in groups, you can bet your butt they are talking loud enough for the people they're aiming their comments at to hear them.