• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know... USF Football players are your fellow students, right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I said it in another post, and I'll say again.

GROW A PAIR.

Not one kid anywhere, in any sport is forced to be there. They are blessed with a God given talent above John Q Public and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them CHOOSE to be where they are. If they don't like it, there are two choices.

so if they were blessed with a god given talent above john q public why is john q public booing them for something they themselves couldn't do?

never understood how someone who doesn't have nearly the ability of another could criticize them.

BTW it does more harm than good.

This is one of the lamest things that gets said all the time. I'm a structural engineer, if I design a building and it falls down, wouldn't you as a lay person be able to criticize me, even without knowing one thing about engineering?
Apparently, only experts can criticize. The rest of us are to sit quietly and have no opinion. Though I've never worked anywhere in my life where this held true, especially while working at USF.
coaches can criticize. they are the ones who get paid to know what they are talking about.

remember all the geniuses last year who said Bj Daniels was the reason for the losing and we needed to bench him in favor of Floyd? How about Grothe? i remember people yelling such stupid **** from the fans directed at him that it was laughable.

How did that work out? I trust the coaches to resolve the problems. booing does absolutely no good.

Out of curiosity, what is it you do for a living?
I don't coach the Bulls and I'm rarely booed at work.
But you would never criticize someone or something that you weren't an expert in, right? So if a person were to use the search feature here and type in Bull94, they'd only find postings from you on subjects you are an expert in or you saying, "I'm not qualified to speak on that subject with any real expertise."

Let me ask you, if you had a bad day at work would your customers or shareholders criticize you publicly?  boo you when you leave the building? suppose these people couldn't come close to doing your job as well. would it make sense? Now I could see your boss(coach) coming in and saying you know what JTrue I looked over your reports( game film) and you really didn't do all that well at your job. This is how we correct it.

Booing is completely different than criticizing someone. I can critique a meal and say it tastes like **** even if I can't cook a better one.

Booing is worse. it's public criticism.

would you stand up and start booing the chef even if you couldn't cook better?of course not. what are you trying to do? publicly humiliate them?

don't go back to the restaurant. send a note to the owner. don't stand up in the middle of the restaurant and try to voice your displeasure in such a public manner.it's childish.

maybe criticism is the wrong wording. I get saying the QB has had a bad game to your buddy next to you. I've done that. I don't get the public criticism like booing. I don't get people who say the QB sucks or other such nonsense especially in a public manner. Honestly people complain about the players quitting but I feel people who boo are quitting on their players and team. it's just as bad as a player giving up.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not advocating for booing, but I don't see anything wrong with people coming here to voice their opinion. Thats what this place is for. Some people don't even think a message board is the appropriate venue for criticism. And a very large portion of the people who come here would disagree with the idea that if you don't like the product, stop going. You're not a real fan if you choose not to give your money to USF.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Keep it up Bulls! Nice job ! Your doing awesome ! Puke puke

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

GROW A PAIR.

Not one kid anywhere, in any sport is forced to be there. They are blessed with a God given talent above John Q Public and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them CHOOSE to be where they are. If they don't like it, there are two choices.

so if they were blessed with a god given talent above john q public why is john q public booing them for something they themselves couldn't do?

never understood how someone who doesn't have nearly the ability of another could criticize them.

This is one of the lamest things that gets said all the time. I'm a structural engineer, if I design a building and it falls down, wouldn't you as a lay person be able to criticize me, even without knowing one thing about engineering?
Apparently, only experts can criticize. The rest of us are to sit quietly and have no opinion. Though I've never worked anywhere in my life where this held true, especially while working at USF.
coaches can criticize. they are the ones who get paid to know what they are talking about.

remember all the geniuses last year who said Bj Daniels was the reason for the losing and we needed to bench him in favor of Floyd? How about Grothe? i remember people yelling such stupid **** from the fans directed at him that it was laughable.

How did that work out? I trust the coaches to resolve the problems. booing does absolutely no good.

But you would never criticize someone or something that you weren't an expert in, right? So if a person were to use the search feature here and type in Bull94, they'd only find postings from you on subjects you are an expert in or you saying, "I'm not qualified to speak on that subject with any real expertise."

Let me ask you, if you had a bad day at work would your customers or shareholders criticize you publicly?  boo you when you leave the building? suppose these people couldn't come close to doing your job as well. would it make sense? Now I could see your boss(coach) coming in and saying you know what JTrue I looked over your reports( game film) and you really didn't do all that well at your job. This is how we correct it.

Just FYI - While you choose to criticize me and make unfounded assumptions about me, I did not boo anyone.

GROW A PAIR.

Just FYI - While you choose to criticize me and make unfounded assumptions about me, I did not boo anyone.

where did I assume anything about you? obviously if you didn't boo then I didn't criticize you. not once did I address you as an individual. I addressed the people that boo their team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  168

get a room

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

where did I assume anything about you? obviously if you didn't boo then I didn't criticize you. not once did I address you as an individual. I addressed the people that boo their team.

So you chose to use my comment, with exact phrases from my comment , to voice your opinion in general, but it's not criticizing me? My original post, nor,your comment ever mentioned booing.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Maybe most of them should quit football and just study more.

Maybe some insecure, fair-weather fans should have transferred to a school with a more solid football program. 

are yOU kidding me?ONE OF THE WORST BEATDOWNS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL EVER

our players should be ashamed of their performance

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

GROW A PAIR.

this loss is worse than embarrassing

i would start second string next week

if i dont perform i dont eat!!!   

Edited by smazza