• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know... USF Football players are your fellow students, right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Something that should echo in your heads when you're making these terrible comments and hateful speech

You are talking about your fellow classmates. Win or lose, these student athletes are still part of your USF family. They sit right next to you in class, they study at night just like you do. 

Anyone can hoot and hollar when a team is doing good. How you treat your fellow student athletes when they are struggling, reflects more on YOU as a human being, than it does them as an athlete.

These are our fellow students and future alumni of USF. Let's not lose the big picture here, the purpose of college is to get an education. It's also time for you to learn compassion and understanding. 

Win or lose, these are your fellow USF students. Please show some class and understanding. They need your love, they need your prayers, they are suffering through one of the hardest times in their academic and athletic careers. 

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe most of them should quit football and just study more.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'll be honest, I don't feel that bad.

They're getting free tuition, rent paid, a check for food, world class facilities, chance to play in front thousands of fans and be apart of a Division 1 football program...

Now I don't really call out players, but they have to be able accept criticism.

Edited by theman123
  • Upvote 2

Maybe some insecure, fair-weather fans should have transferred to a school with a more solid football program. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26

Maybe some insecure, fair-weather fans should have transferred to a school with a more solid football program. 

+1

End thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They're getting free tuition, rent paid, a check for food, world class facilities, chance to play in front thousands of fans and be apart of a Division 1 football program...

One of the most ignorant statements anyone could make. 

Their tuition is not "free". They spend 40+ hours a week doing athletics, along with their weekends, along with risking their physical health and well-being to be a student athlete. 

Have you ever met, or talked to any of the student athletes? 

What's a full ride at USF cost now-a-days, with room and board? Maybe $15,000 a year, a little more?

Tell me when was the last time you risked paralysis and serious physical injury, working 40+ hours a week for something that paid you $1,500 a month

Did you seriously go to USF? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

One of the most ignorant statements anyone could make. 

Their tuition is not "free". They spend 40+ hours a week doing athletics, along with their weekends, along with risking their physical health and well-being to be a student athlete. 

Have you ever met, or talked to any of the student athletes? 

What's a full ride at USF cost now-a-days, with room and board? Maybe $15,000 a year, a little more?

Tell me when was the last time you risked paralysis and serious physical injury, working 40+ hours a week for something that paid you $1,500 a month

Did you seriously go to USF? 

Matt Floyd's dad??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

I respect the op point, but they ARE accountable, and I expect that as adults with the privilege of playing d1 football, they are willing to be held accountable. I am not endorsing hate speech, but im not going to apologize for saying they played poorly and need to either improve or get on the bench.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I think roughly 15000 a year is pretty accurate.

You're right, their tuition isn't free. Poor choice of wording. However, they are still giving plenty of opportunities and compensated for what they do.

Now, I'm not condoning calling out 18-22 year olds, but I also don't think they should be completely shelled from criticism. 

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Maybe the players should pretend to give a ****.....weak minded quitters is all I have seen for the last two years. No worries though. Pretty soon nobody will be there to boo, yell, scream at them. Play hard at least for Christ sake.