• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a Disaster!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

-Sellular wrote:

And McDonalds State should have way less talent than USF... Not dissing MCS, they whooped us, but how many of their kids were given "D1" offers?

Uh, EVERY single one of them.   You ARE aware that the FCS is Division I, right??    

No offense, but if you're not smart enough to understand that FCS and FBS are two subdivisions within Division I, then I'm not sure you're smart enough to have a conversation about D1 offers, etc...

Really? You're pulling the semantics card? Of course I know the difference. USF 2012 recruiting class was ranked 49th. MSC was ranked 217th. That was the point I was making.

There's only ONE way to evaluate a recruiting class....and that's to look back reflectively at what they've done when they're seniors...

Wasting time looking at third party evaluations as an indication of where your program is at is a fool's errand...

Your original post was whether or not any of the kids on our team had D-1 offers.   The answer to that is ALL OF THEM..

A few even signed with schools rated much, much higher than USF...like, say, Arkansas or LSU....but decided to continue their careers at McNeese, thus illustrating the foolishness of rating recruiting classes...

It's a nice fan diversion, but it doesn't mean squat about what happens on the field...

In all seriousness, what would you guys give to have our Tight end right now?  Or even our backup Quarterback??

Based on what you saw this weekend, would you rather have your defensive line...or ours?   

Thus endeth the lesson on "recruiting class" evaluations....

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

-Sellular wrote:

And McDonalds State should have way less talent than USF... Not dissing MCS, they whooped us, but how many of their kids were given "D1" offers?

Uh, EVERY single one of them.   You ARE aware that the FCS is Division I, right??    

No offense, but if you're not smart enough to understand that FCS and FBS are two subdivisions within Division I, then I'm not sure you're smart enough to have a conversation about D1 offers, etc...

Really? You're pulling the semantics card? Of course I know the difference. USF 2012 recruiting class was ranked 49th. MSC was ranked 217th. That was the point I was making.

There's only ONE way to evaluate a recruiting class....and that's to look back reflectively at what they've done when they're seniors...

Wasting time looking at third party evaluations as an indication of where your program is at is a fool's errand...

Your original post was whether or not any of the kids on our team had D-1 offers.   The answer to that is ALL OF THEM..

A few even signed with schools rated much, much higher than USF...like, say, Arkansas or LSU....but decided to continue their careers at McNeese, thus illustrating the foolishness of rating recruiting classes...

It's a nice fan diversion, but it doesn't mean squat about what happens on the field...

In all seriousness, what would you guys give to have our Tight end right now?  Or even our backup Quarterback??

Based on what you saw this weekend, would you rather have your defensive line...or ours?   

We have two good tightends, but Taggart's choice at starting QB failed to get the ball to them.  Our backup QB did pretty decent.  Lost some stats to dropped passes.

Your defensive line, again, looked good because of Taggart's choice at starting QB.  I'll say this in jest, but any defense that gives up a 12-yard BJ Daniels like run to Bobby Eveld is second-rate.  LOL sorry but I sit in section 122 and that was by far the slowest developing 12 yard scramble by a QB I have ever seen.  Might be the only thing Bobby has in common with Peyton Manning.  LOL

Again, all in jest.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

-Sellular wrote:

Jesus, I'm surrounded by nitpickers. The only point I was trying to make is the quality of athletes that USF recruits should be much higher than MNS. Just like how Alabama's recruits are much better (on average) than USF's.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

-Sellular wrote:

Jesus, I'm surrounded by nitpickers. The only point I was trying to make is the quality of athletes that USF recruits should be much higher than MNS. Just like how Alabama's recruits are much better (on average) than USF's.

You do realize you're going back and forth with a McNeese State fan, right?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Some people really need to chill out. We could have Don Shula coaching the team, or Nick Saban it would not matter. You can only coach talent so far. We were barely a 3 win team last year with our best QB we've ever had (I know some people won't agree). We got worse at QB. We got worse at CB. We got worse at a lot of positions. Tagg's is still coaching a team that was basically put together by Skip Holtz. Yes Freshman can make an impact, but did you really expect miracles after 9 months of recruiting under a whole new coaching staff? This isn't like pro football where you can trade for players or sign free agents. It's college football. There is only so much you can do with a given team. If this was year three under Tagg's then yes he should be lambasted, fired etc...But this is game 1. 

To your point, if Saban or Shula would go 0-12 with this team then surely a retard would as well, so how much would we really learn about our coaching staff?

You probably don't have a handicapped kid, do you?  Can't believe no one else has called him out on this.  This isn't the 60's anymore.

Some people really need to chill out. We could have Don Shula coaching the team, or Nick Saban it would not matter. You can only coach talent so far. We were barely a 3 win team last year with our best QB we've ever had (I know some people won't agree). We got worse at QB. We got worse at CB. We got worse at a lot of positions. Tagg's is still coaching a team that was basically put together by Skip Holtz. Yes Freshman can make an impact, but did you really expect miracles after 9 months of recruiting under a whole new coaching staff? This isn't like pro football where you can trade for players or sign free agents. It's college football. There is only so much you can do with a given team. If this was year three under Tagg's then yes he should be lambasted, fired etc...But this is game 1. 

To your point, if Saban or Shula would go 0-12 with this team then surely a retard would as well, so how much would we really learn about our coaching staff?

You probably don't have a handicapped kid, do you?  Can't believe no one else has called him out on this.  This isn't the 60's anymore.

My apologies - no issues with getting called out on that one. To reinforce the point properly, I don't think any coach that goes winless in his first season can be viewed as successful until success follows. Its hard to evaluate the staff after that performance. This will be a critical week of work for the program.

Way to go.  Good post.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

taggart made same mistake holtz made

he didnt bring in a new qb to play

he stuck with the old

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

-Sellular wrote:

\\

been saying for years our talent is sub par

taggart made same mistake holtz made

he didnt bring in a new qb to play

he stuck with the old

So where are your seats in East Lansing Steve?  Can't pass up this opportunity to meet you.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

This guy joined 2 days ago and has one post -- clearly he's just here to troll. Probably a UCF troll.