• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a Disaster!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, all I can say is what a disaster last night was for USF Football and what a disappointment Taggart is.

No matter what excuse Taggart gives, the performance last night was inexcusable and unacceptable. Taggart talked for 9 months about "Getting On The Bus" and all the excitement imploded in less than 3 hours.

I really have to question the talent and knowledge of any coach (i.e. - Taggart, Holtz) that would name Matt Floyd his starter. Floyd should never have started the opener as he is simply brutal!

Next, all of the talented commitments Taggart has lined up will start jumping ship.

Get to work already Willie, you are overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe it was your expectations that were overrated.

Thanks for your insight.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow, all I can say is what a disaster last night was for USF Football and what a disappointment Taggart is.

No matter what excuse Taggart gives, the performance last night was inexcusable and unacceptable. Taggart talked for 9 months about "Getting On The Bus" and all the excitement imploded in less than 3 hours.

I really have to question the talent and knowledge of any coach (i.e. - Taggart, Holtz) that would name Matt Floyd his starter. Floyd should never have started the opener as he is simply brutal!

Next, all of the talented commitments Taggart has lined up will start jumping ship.

Get to work already Willie, you are overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, one Taggert is not making excuses.  Two, one of his biggest targets, Vincent Jackson, came out in support of him.  Do you read anything before you comment?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Hey! I really like this tweet that G. Auman posted up:

Paul Tenorio @osknights

UCF went 0-12 when GOL took over and won 8 games next year. Long time before you should judge Taggart.

I still have faith in CWT, despite the gut-wrenching loss. The first few plays were strong, and I hope that we iron out kinks that will allows us to correctly evaluate our team. Skip Holtz did not look too bad his first season because he had Leavitt's team. However, everything went downhill from there. In conclusion, this is Holtz's team with CWT's direction. Possibly a bad formula at the moment. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

Some people really need to chill out. We could have Don Shula coaching the team, or Nick Saban it would not matter. You can only coach talent so far. We were barely a 3 win team last year with our best QB we've ever had (I know some people won't agree). We got worse at QB. We got worse at CB. We got worse at a lot of positions. Tagg's is still coaching a team that was basically put together by Skip Holtz. Yes Freshman can make an impact, but did you really expect miracles after 9 months of recruiting under a whole new coaching staff? This isn't like pro football where you can trade for players or sign free agents. It's college football. There is only so much you can do with a given team. If this was year three under Tagg's then yes he should be lambasted, fired etc...But this is game 1. 

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Some people really need to chill out. We could have Don Shula coaching the team, or Nick Saban it would not matter. You can only coach talent so far. We were barely a 3 win team last year with our best QB we've ever had (I know some people won't agree). We got worse at QB. We got worse at CB. We got worse at a lot of positions. Tagg's is still coaching a team that was basically put together by Skip Holtz. Yes Freshman can make an impact, but did you really expect miracles after 9 months of recruiting under a whole new coaching staff? This isn't like pro football where you can trade for players or sign free agents. It's college football. There is only so much you can do with a given team. If this was year three under Tagg's then yes he should be lambasted, fired etc...But this is game 1.

Wrong. No defense in the WORLD should let McDonalds State drop 53 points on them. WORST HOME LOSS IN USF HISTORY.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

To your point, if Saban or Shula would go 0-12 with this team then surely a retard would as well, so how much would we really learn about our coaching staff?

My point wasn't so much that they would go 0-12 or that we couldn't evaluate Taggart for last nights loss. It's his team now. I'm just saying that we have very little talent in the positions that matter and that won't be fixed in one offseason. We aren't USC or even a team like Arkansas. Team's like that can have down years and bounce back quickly because big time recruits go there year in and year out regardless of the coach. Even the best coaches can only do so much with the talent they are given. 

Wrong. No defense in the WORLD should let McDonalds State drop 53 points on them. WORST HOME LOSS IN USF HISTORY.

No they shouldn't, but how many of those points fall on the offense and special teams being completely inept? Floyds two picks including a pick six. The 33 yard punt from inside our own 20. The fumble inside our own 20. The numerous 3 and outs our offense put up.

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

To your point, if Saban or Shula would go 0-12 with this team then surely a retard would as well, so how much would we really learn about our coaching staff?

My point wasn't so much that they would go 0-12 or that we couldn't evaluate Taggart for last nights loss. It's his team now. I'm just saying that we have very little talent in the positions that matter and that won't be fixed in one offseason. We aren't USC or even a team like Arkansas. Team's like that can have down years and bounce back quickly because big time recruits go there year in and year out regardless of the coach. Even the best coaches can only do so much with the talent they are given. 

And McDonalds State should have way less talent than USF... Not dissing MCS, they whooped us, but how many of their kids were given "D1" offers?

No they shouldn't, but how many of those points fall on the offense and special teams being completely inept? Floyds two picks including a pick six. The 33 yard punt from inside our own 20. The fumble inside our own 20. The numerous 3 and outs our offense put up.

I don't disagree with that at all. I can only imagine where we would be if ole Jim was still slapping people around

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

Going 0-12 this year and winning 8 next year is not ok. People say that like its ok and cute and acceptable. We have no time for that.

• Upvote 1