• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please don't direct your anger at the wrong people

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

No sure exactly what direction i think se should go. Gotta say that I agree that Eveld is not the answer, an it appears that Floyd is a great practice QB that can't take it out to the game field. I say let Floyd and Bench duke it out. Redshirt White, and let these two suffer thru the year for better or worse.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

What game were people watching...?

Why is anybody saying that Floyd shoukd even be in the discussion?

Bob made a big ddifference when he came on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I am not saying that the coaches shouldn't call out players, and demand more.

Fans need to have some perspective.

Matt Floyd put on a USF jersey and tried to help us win a game today. We don't like the result, but these are kids and don't deserve to have personal attacks yelled at them.

If you want to blame a player for a poor performance then maybe you should go to NFL games, those guys make millions of dollars to be accountable for their results.

(I am not opposed to a civil fan discussion of how we can get better) .... but yelling personal attacks at kids is wrong.

Mike, I'd just give up trying on this ... Some fans are just dickheads and yelling at players/coaches somehow make them better about themselves and their pathetic lives.

I'maa Taggart guy but I literally can't believe that he put matt back out there after half.

One of the dumbest coaching moves I've ever seen.

No... he needed to do that. Coaches never throw their kids under the bus... He gave Floyd one more chance, and Floyd failed.

If Floyd came out to start the half and led the team to a score, 33-14 could be a lot different.  Hindsight makes the decision look dumb... but at the time it was the right thing to do... and pulling Floyd after the 2nd INT was also the right thing to do.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Some guys here talk like the season is over and we just need to salvage for next year. I get your frustration, but get a grip. McNeese played a great game, and our guys hiccupped, stuttered, hung heads, and just plain didn't get their heads back in the game. Eveld helped, so he'll probably get the nod against MSU next week, but he's not going to be able to fix our D or those dropped passes. This is in the coaches' hands now, and most of what I saw tonight was correctable if they get their heads out of losing mode.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Matt Floyd put on a USF jersey and tried to help us win a game today. We don't like the result, but these are kids and don't deserve to have personal attacks yelled at them.

If you want to blame a player for a poor performance then maybe you should go to NFL games, those guys make millions of dollars to be accountable for their results.

(I am not opposed to a civil fan discussion of how we can get better) .... but yelling personal attacks at kids is wrong.

They're on scholarship getting school paid for.........they're adults and should be accountable for mistakes. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

Mike, I'd just give up trying on this ... Some fans are just dickheads and yelling at players/coaches somehow make them better about themselves and their pathetic lives.
welcome to the world of big business sweetheart

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

I'maa Taggart guy but I literally can't believe that he put matt back out there after half.

Not really.   Skippy's clock management was far worse.   For whatever reason Willie believed Matt was our guy.   My guess is that Matt's a pretty good kid, plays his heart out, plays tough and makes good plays in practice.  However, when he gets in the game he 's probably a nervous wreck and hasn't learned out to overcome it.   I don't blame Willie for staying with Matt at the start of the 3rd quarter.  Besides, our D was SOOOOOO BAD that it wouldn't have mattered.   The D was more much more disappointing because they couldn't function as a team, were out coached and couldn't overcome adversity during the game.   They were downright horrible.  Did anyone see the look on Willie's face while watching the defense?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

No... he needed to do that. Coaches never throw their kids under the bus... He gave Floyd one more chance, and Floyd failed.

If Floyd came out to start the half and led the team to a score, 33-14 could be a lot different.  Hindsight makes the decision look dumb... but at the time it was the right thing to do... and pulling Floyd after the 2nd INT was also the right thing to do.

I have to disagree. Just looking at Floyds body language you could tell he wasn't ready to go back out. He didn't want to be there. Looked to be in way over his head. Deer in headlights style.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

If Floyd came out to start the half and led the team to a score, 33-14 could be a lot different. Hindsight makes the decision look dumb... but at the time it was the right thing to do... and pulling Floyd after the 2nd INT was also the right thing to do.

If Floyd came out to start the half and led the team to a score, 33-14 could be a lot different. Hindsight makes the decision look dumb... but at the time it was the right thing to do... and pulling Floyd after the 2nd INT was also the right thing to do.

I have to disagree. Just looking at Floyds body language you could tell he wasn't ready to go back out. He didn't want to be there. Looked to be in way over his head. Deer in headlights style.
so he was a perfect fit?