• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie T still hasn't gotten Holtz out of this team yet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Taggart blew his debut.

How many turnovers did he commit tonight?  How many tackles did he miss?  Where was he manhandled trying to rush the passer or penetrate the line of scrimmage?

CWT is responsible for all of them. Because Holtz was just as responsible the last few years and it got him fired.

Look, it's hard to go against this big-picture wise ... the head coach takes the credit for the wins and the fall for the losses.  I get it. 

I'm just saying that it's too similar to the end of 2012 that we still look like the same team that ended last year mentally, because we made the same **** mistakes.

All I've said is that there's still a lot of work to do to make this "Tag's team."

No, you don't. Because you're saying "I get it" and then in the next sentence blaming it on Skip. Answer this, do you honestly believe McNeese has more talented football players on their team?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

not prepared. we have better talent then mcneese ( at least I hope).

:facepalm:

not sure why you did this. taggart didn't have them prepared at all. even with the limited talent we shouldn't be embarassed by mcneese state.

I actually screwed up quoting your post, it was more the "can't blame personnel" line I was facepalming at. There were so many missed tackles, so many guys getting manhandled on the D-line, absolutely ineffective pass rush, even with the "studs" we supposedly had, so many mistakes made by the starting QB, a fumble on our own 5 that led to a TD ...

How many more failures of personnel do I need to name? You think Taggart didn't work on high and tight with Shaw? You think Tags is responsible for the interceptions tonight?

Tonight was a combination of Mcneese state playing out of their minds and us digging a hole that was impossible for us to climb out of. We gift wrapped 23 points for them tonight, which, coincidentally, if all else happened as it did and we scored instead of turning over, we would have won by 1 point.

They are a mid level I-AA team. Lose to them. It happens. Get your **** kicked? That just doesn't happen.

News flash:  it happened.  Mcneese looked like the 1-A team today, we looked like the 1-AA.    

and the coaches aren't to blame?

I think you can realistically put blame on Tags for not subbing in Eveld sooner, maybe after the 2nd pick, especially considering how "close" everyone was, depth-related.  

Outside of that, I'm not sure where the blame on him lies.  Nothing was working defensively, we were getting pummeled in all aspects.  How you blame coaching for that in week 1, year 1, I'm not sure, but if you can give specifics, I welcome enlightenment on that.  

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

This is absolutely in no way Skip's fault. Even Skip wiped the floor with FCS schools. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'm tired of the blue shirts and the cheesy bus videos. Just freeking beat somebody, anybody!!!!!!

Taggart blew his debut.

How many turnovers did he commit tonight?  How many tackles did he miss?  Where was he manhandled trying to rush the passer or penetrate the line of scrimmage?

CWT is responsible for all of them. Because Holtz was just as responsible the last few years and it got him fired.

Look, it's hard to go against this big-picture wise ... the head coach takes the credit for the wins and the fall for the losses.  I get it. 

I'm just saying that it's too similar to the end of 2012 that we still look like the same team that ended last year mentally, because we made the same **** mistakes.

All I've said is that there's still a lot of work to do to make this "Tag's team."

No, you don't. Because you're saying "I get it" and then in the next sentence blaming it on Skip. Answer this, do you honestly believe McNeese has more talented football players on their team?

Talent, no.  Determined to win?  Yes.  More continuity in good coaching?  Yes.  There's more to the game than just the talent on the field.  

I believe that if this game was to be played next year, we'd win lights out because the latter two would improve with the mindset fully taking hold.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

not prepared. we have better talent then mcneese ( at least I hope).

:facepalm:

not sure why you did this. taggart didn't have them prepared at all. even with the limited talent we shouldn't be embarassed by mcneese state.

I actually screwed up quoting your post, it was more the "can't blame personnel" line I was facepalming at. There were so many missed tackles, so many guys getting manhandled on the D-line, absolutely ineffective pass rush, even with the "studs" we supposedly had, so many mistakes made by the starting QB, a fumble on our own 5 that led to a TD ...

How many more failures of personnel do I need to name? You think Taggart didn't work on high and tight with Shaw? You think Tags is responsible for the interceptions tonight?

Tonight was a combination of Mcneese state playing out of their minds and us digging a hole that was impossible for us to climb out of. We gift wrapped 23 points for them tonight, which, coincidentally, if all else happened as it did and we scored instead of turning over, we would have won by 1 point.

They are a mid level I-AA team. Lose to them. It happens. Get your **** kicked? That just doesn't happen.

News flash:  it happened.  Mcneese looked like the 1-A team today, we looked like the 1-AA.    

and the coaches aren't to blame?

I think you can realistically put blame on Tags for not subbing in Eveld sooner, maybe after the 2nd pick, especially considering how "close" everyone was, depth-related.  

Outside of that, I'm not sure where the blame on him lies.  Nothing was working defensively, we were getting pummeled in all aspects.  How you blame coaching for that in week 1, year 1, I'm not sure, but if you can give specifics, I welcome enlightenment on that.  

they played uninspired. they were flat out manhandled. I'm sorry but mcneese state doesn't outclass us talent wise. you can belive that all you want but it's not true. our defense was bullied by a 1-aa team.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I think the WRs were so shocked that the ball was hitting them in the hands when Eveld came in was the reason for so many drops.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Taggart blew his debut.

Talent, no.  Determined to win?  Yes.  More continuity in good coaching?  Yes.  There's more to the game than just the talent on the field.  

I believe that if this game was to be played next year, we'd win lights out because the latter two would improve with the mindset fully taking hold.

So we were out coached. Pretty straightforward.

So we were out coached. Pretty straightforward.

Ok, let's say I concede that.  Is that automatically Tag's fault?  Does that mean he didn't do his best to instill that mindset in the locker room?  If you say yes, can you provide some details showing this, since you were in the locker room?  

Of course, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that this is game 1, week 1, coming off of our worst season ever, with a new coach putting in a new system after graduating a bunch of seniors and starting a QB making just his 2nd start ever, right?

Why is it so hard to put some of the blame on the players?  

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Tell you where this comes from. Its from me questioning the DC early on and for whatever reason GA has taken it on to deride whatever I post. So of course, when obvious coaching errors were made, he has to blame it on anything but the coaching staff,