• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie T still hasn't gotten Holtz out of this team yet

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Getting back to shaking off Holtz, is it just me, or did we look small compared  to McNeese? I mean physically. I don't know what it looked like on TV, but live, we looked undersized to me.

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Getting back to shaking off Holtz, is it just me, or did we look small compared  to McNeese? I mean physically. I don't know what it looked like on TV, but live, we looked undersized to me.

If true, it would explain the manhandling we received somewhat.  Those boys from LA must eat a lot of boudin. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart blew his debut. How can you say otherwise?

He was hired to turn the team around. In the easiest game all season, the team dare I say looked even WORSE than it did last year. Okay the QB is a lot worse, but there aren't really any excuses for the defense (well the three turnovers I guess). Maybe you can blame it all on the offense giving McNeese all those turnovers and easy chances to score but the run defense looked pretty bad and we didnt have much pressure.

His staff and the players let an FCS school put up 50 points on us! Not even the other big east teams did that to Holtz after BJ was out for the season.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

When was the last time any team put 50 on us? Let alone a 1AA. This entire team looks like a mess right now. Really didn't expect this mess.

i

We were there. Oregon. But they were a very high quality team. And I felt embarrassed at that. This is an order of magnitude worse.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

News flash:  it happened.  Mcneese looked like the 1-A team today, we looked like the 1-AA.    

Uh... that's 100% coaching.

Who exactly do you think McNeese St. is recruiting? They recruit lower tier players. So... if you believe they looked like an FBS team, that would be attributed to coaching. They took FCS caliber players and made them look like an FBS team according to you. Mirror that with your defense of Taggart... he's the one responsible for coaching players up. If they can't block and tackle, that's a reflection of what he has taught them. At the end of the day, you're crazy if you think McNeese St. pulls better recruits than USF. This game was a reflection of coaching... you can say those players made mistakes but a lot of that can be attributed to poor coaching. When the mistakes are few and far in between, then you can start placing blame on the players because the coaches did all they could. When they're all making mistakes and getting blown out, that's 100% the coaches fault. The coaches didn't put them in position to win to begin with.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

McNeese has a winning system.  We have a losing system and it will take awhile for CWT to turn things around. 

Just suck it up this year will blow.

McNeese might be better than a few of the teams like memphis and uconn and fau....

News flash:  it happened.  Mcneese looked like the 1-A team today, we looked like the 1-AA.

Who exactly do you think McNeese St. is recruiting? They recruit lower tier players. So... if you believe they looked like an FBS team, that would be attributed to coaching. They took FCS caliber players and made them look like an FBS team according to you. Mirror that with your defense of Taggart... he's the one responsible for coaching players up. If they can't block and tackle, that's a reflection of what he has taught them. At the end of the day, you're crazy if you think McNeese St. pulls better recruits than USF. This game was a reflection of coaching... you can say those players made mistakes but a lot of that can be attributed to poor coaching. When the mistakes are few and far in between, then you can start placing blame on the players because the coaches did all they could. When they're all making mistakes and getting blown out, that's 100% the coaches fault. The coaches didn't put them in position to win to begin with.

You and I share a couple things here: we are both extremely upset at last night's game, and we both had higher expectations for our team's performance - assuming you are indeed a Bulls fan. Tough to tell these days.

Difference is that my eyes have been opened to just what a challenge our team is right now. You can't see this because you, like many others, are focusing on talent difference when you should be focused on difference in mentality.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

News flash: it happened. Mcneese looked like the 1-A team today, we looked like the 1-AA.

You and I share a couple things here: we are both extremely upset at last night's game, and we both had higher expectations for our team's performance - assuming you are indeed a Bulls fan. Tough to tell these days.

Difference is that my eyes have been opened to just what a challenge our team is right now. You can't see this because you, like many others, are focusing on talent difference when you should be focused on difference in mentality.

Dude. No matter how much you try and sell me that Skip Holtz mentally killed this team, I'm not buying it. First, Willie has been the coach for 9 months. Second, we never lost like this under Skip. Third, it was a record setting 32 point loss to a I-AA school.

There is a lot of blame to go around, and the mental state of our team is one, but that isn't the whole reason we lost last night.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

News flash: it happened. Mcneese looked like the 1-A team today, we looked like the 1-AA.

Dude. No matter how much you try and sell me that Skip Holtz mentally killed this team, I'm not buying it. First, Willie has been the coach for 9 months. Second, we never lost like this under Skip. Third, it was a record setting 32 point loss to a I-AA school.

There is a lot of blame to go around, and the mental state of our team is one, but that isn't the whole reason we lost last night.

Well said.

I've never said it was the whole reason, only that its been a large part.