• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie T still hasn't gotten Holtz out of this team yet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

So we were out coached. Pretty straightforward.

Ok, let's say I concede that. Is that automatically Tag's fault? Does that mean he didn't do his best to instill that mindset in the locker room? If you say yes, can you provide some details showing this, since you were in the locker room?

Of course, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that this is game 1, week 1, coming off of our worst season ever, with a new coach putting in a new system after graduating a bunch of seniors and starting a QB making just his 2nd start ever, right?

Why is it so hard to put some of the blame on the players?

I completely agree. Blame the players, coaches don't cause turnovers. Or dropped passes. Or blown tackles.

But...coaches do gameplan, and the defense was in a soft zone all night. The offense was running precision receiving routes with a QB who isn't built for that. Amongst other things.

Skip was bad, but this is not only the worst loss in USF history, it might be the worst in modern I-AA/I-A history.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We've been through two coaching staffs. Is the coaching that bad or is it the talent? I think the talent is ghat bad.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I don't see why not. Last year was worst ever. Stopping the free fall will be tough.

Sorry. There is no excuse for this.

I wasn't making excuses, but wondering what you saw post-Holtz that led you to expect something else tonight?

Come on... Nobody can expect this against McNeese.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, let's say I concede that.  Is that automatically Tag's fault?  Does that mean he didn't do his best to instill that mindset in the locker room?  If you say yes, can you provide some details showing this, since you were in the locker room?  

Of course, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that this is game 1, week 1, coming off of our worst season ever, with a new coach putting in a new system after graduating a bunch of seniors and starting a QB making just his 2nd start ever, right?

Agree with this. This team has to learn to win. This game would have helped, but it will probably take some time for Tags to get going.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Not even being mentioned by ESPN, they are talking about the Oregon St and Kansas St loses.

Ok, let's say I concede that.  Is that automatically Tag's fault?  Does that mean he didn't do his best to instill that mindset in the locker room?  If you say yes, can you provide some details showing this, since you were in the locker room?  

Agree with this. This team has to learn to win. This game would have helped, but it will probably take some time for Tags to get going.

Is this your second ID? Agreeing with your first?  New lows. :05-nono:

The use of 'Tags' by your GAUSFBull gave it away.  http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/92713-willie-t-still-hasnt-gotten-holtz-out-of-this-team-yet/page-3#entry1188342

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This program needs an enema to get he Holtz out of the system.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

CWT was left a **** team and has to turn it around.  The players are soft.  

Only reason holtz had any success at the beginning was he inherited a decent team from CL and you saw each year the team get worse.

This team will get better.   Freaking WKU team from last year played Bama tough so I know he can turn this program around give the guy time.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

We need leavitt back enough he choked once enough with all the choking every week

CWT was left a **** team and has to turn it around.  The players are soft.  

Only reason holtz had any success at the beginning was he inherited a decent team from CL and you saw each year the team get worse.

This team will get better.   Freaking WKU team from last year played Bama tough so I know he can turn this program around give the guy time.

Wasn't Giddens a Leavitt recruit? Come on man. There are still Leavitt players on the team and even a Notre Dame Player. The media puts the D Line as no doubt the best in conference. Coaches have a big part in this because there definitely is talent on the team.

Edited by slick1ru2