• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Looks like slick has been busy. Lol

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

:roflmao:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

:guinness:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Error on page. It say rivalry started in 2005. If we're calling it a rivalry slick, it started in 1996. Even UCF fans will tell you that. :eyeroll:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Dang it Flsportsfan, I know you're right I am trying not to accept it.  Goldenbuc, that how USF fans are.  I didn't know it was the same at UCF.  Did the games sell out when we play each other previously in Orlando?

The game in 2008 @ UCF played on our campus was a sellout. 2006 was played at the Citrus Bowl in our last season there drew 46k. The USF/UCF game was labelled a sellout in Tampa in 2007, as well. However there were few thousand no-shows in the upper decks.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Dang it Flsportsfan, I know you're right I am trying not to accept it.  Goldenbuc, that how USF fans are.  I didn't know it was the same at UCF.  Did the games sell out when we play each other previously in Orlando?

The game in 2008 @ UCF played on our campus was a sellout. 2006 was played at the Citrus Bowl in our last season there drew 46k. The USF/UCF game was labelled a sellout in Tampa in 2007, as well. However there were few thousand no-shows in the upper decks.

If that makes you feel better about a 64-12 beatdown, more power to ya, chief.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

And forget the trophy, just give us knightro's head on a platter :D

+1 \m/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2006 was played at the Citrus Bowl in our last season there drew 46k.

First home football game against your hated "rivals" and you didn't sell out ... ??

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

First of all GB is misleading.  This UCF-USF matchup, despite them losing all of them was their annual Super Bowl.  It will remain a big game for them, which points to where they are on the food chain. 

We wanted a rivalry game that we didn't have. The big 3 wants nothing to do with either. It made sense.

Comments like this make me want to avoid any connection whatsoever.  Been reading those for years.  They long ago accepted their lot in life as a peon, and now they're holding the door open for us to stupidly walk in and join them.  They even joined the MAC for Football.  Surrendered themselves to oblivion.  Why would we want to be rivals, brothers, partners or friends with a program so comfortable just being a second or third tier program behind UF, FSU and Miami?  Defeat comes easy to that program and their fans.  I don't want to be identified as anything related to them at all.  I'll continue to think we have higher aspirations and there is a path to the upper tier in the state and country that DOES NOT run through UCF.

I don't agree that UCF accepted their lot in life. UCF didn't build their athletics village, practice facilities, a new on-campus stadium and arena with the idea of remaining mid-tier. It wasn't like we were like FIU and FAU. UCF started in Div. III and moved up to 1-A with aspirations as high as USF. Those aspirations have always been there. We just knew we had a long ways to go to be able to rival the state's big 3, back when USF was moving up into 1-A. We saw the rivalry as an opportunity to get fans excited for a local matchup that could build into something bigger as time went on to possibly steal the thunder away locally from the already established big 3 in-state rivalries. It wasn't until USF snubbed UCF before USF was even in CUSA that got it heated on our end. UCF was hoping to join a BCS conference back in 2003. UCF just didn't have the facilities and sufficient arena for bball and played in a dumpy ancient citrus bowl at the time. UCF didn't have the outlook from our AD, back before Orsini took over and never thought USF would be a threat that fast. Once UCF realized that USF played their cards right, UCF finally put the funds into athletics and facilities to put itself in a better position, for further expansion. We kind always knew it was coming, eventually. Meanwhile, we needed to take care of what we could control, and that was winning CUSA. It wasn't glamorous, but better than never doing so.

If you ask any UCF fan, they'd much rather have rivalries with UF, FSU and Miami, as well. We'd rather be in one of their conferences than the AAC, too. The fact of the matter is that all of that is out of our control. USF has played Miami home and home for 6 years, yet only USF wants it to be a rivalry and it still isn't. So now, UCF and USF is in the same conference and no fan from either side would decline the idea of both moving up together into a P5 or whatever it ends up being, if that's what it had to take. Might as well make the most of this game now and hopefully both teams can be good enough to make it turn some heads towards our schools, instead of the other big 3. It isn't like FIU and FAU where they only draw 12k for their games. We already have shown large crowds for the games vs each other, so that proves there's great interest. UCF was invited to the big east prior to WVU, Rutgers, ND, Louisville and the catholic schools were invited elsewhere. It was a goal of UCF to move up even way back. It took longer for UCF than UCF, but it eventually happened, even though the big east fell apart, later.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

If that makes you feel better about a 64-12 beatdown, more power to ya, chief.  

Yeah, there were a lot of empty seats by the second half...