• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Don't you play your rival every year?  We haven't played them in years and I heard it was us that didn't want to.  That alone should tell you that our administration doesn't even want to see this as a rivalry.  Sure it brings in a big crowd and that their is hate but think about the long run.  This could be extremely detrimental to our program.  They got pretty good in recent years and if they start beating us and playing well in conference and bowl games who is to say we don't get snuffed by a P5 conf for them.  They are in a big city with a big fan base and what the 2nd largest student body in the country?  They certainly will start pulling recruits their way.  I personally will not be so quick to embrace this.  We gain very little by beating them, they gain a lot by beating us consistenly IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Bull,

I am the #1 UCF hater, that being said we are equals now. Sad but true. Beating them is important they are a conference mate now. winning the AAC means beating UCF. Im gonna go cry now.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Honestly, I don't want a trophy for this game. Beating y'all is good enough. I don't even think UCF will sellout our game in Orlando. Black Friday will be a true test on how much anyone at UCF seems to care, anymore. There was a lot of passion about this game from UCF fans that stemmed well before USF was even in CUSA. We wanted a rivalry game that we didn't have. The big 3 wants nothing to do with either. It made sense. But now,some of that passion is gone. It's not a game anyone really talks about. None of the students that attended UCF in 08 during our last meeting are even there, anymore. I wish the game was earlier in the season though.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345

Dang it Flsportsfan, I know you're right I am trying not to accept it.  Goldenbuc, that how USF fans are.  I didn't know it was the same at UCF.  Did the games sell out when we play each other previously in Orlando?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

...Miami DOES NOT see us as a rival...neither does FSU or UF....

For the same reasons many don't see UCF as a rival.  We are just a battered program looking for rivalry in all the wrong places.

What happens if we are fortunate enough to indeed get into the. Big 12 or ACC in the next couple of years and they stay back. We are back to teams being unevenly matched again. Does WVU and Marshall have a true rivalry? It is a big time in state game, but not really a rivalry. Are there any true rivalries with teams that are different levels?

They go to the Florida legislature to mandate the alleged rivalry lives on regardless of what USF wants.  There's history there and some seem to forget it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

No trophy but maybe a flag. I'd love to see the winning team waving that around at the end. Big I-4 flag.

First of all GB is misleading.  This UCF-USF matchup, despite them losing all of them was their annual Super Bowl.  It will remain a big game for them, which points to where they are on the food chain.

We wanted a rivalry game that we didn't have. The big 3 wants nothing to do with either. It made sense.

Comments like this make me want to avoid any connection whatsoever.  Been reading those for years.  They long ago accepted their lot in life as a peon, and now they're holding the door open for us to stupidly walk in and join them.  They even joined the MAC for Football.  Surrendered themselves to oblivion.  Why would we want to be rivals, brothers, partners or friends with a program so comfortable just being a second or third tier program behind UF, FSU and Miami?  Defeat comes easy to that program and their fans.  I don't want to be identified as anything related to them at all.  I'll continue to think we have higher aspirations and there is a path to the upper tier in the state and country that DOES NOT run through UCF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

First of all GB is misleading. This UCF-USF matchup, despite them losing all of them was their annual Super Bowl. It will remain a big game for them, which points to where they are on the food chain.

We wanted a rivalry game that we didn't have. The big 3 wants nothing to do with either. It made sense.

Comments like this make me want to avoid any connection whatsoever. Been reading those for years. They long ago accepted their lot in life as a peon, and now they're holding the door open for us to stupidly walk in and join them. They even joined the MAC for Football. Surrendered themselves to oblivion. Why would we want to be rivals, brothers, partners or friends with a program so comfortable just being a second or third tier program behind UF, FSU and Miami? Defeat comes easy to that program and their fans. I don't want to be identified as anything related to them at all. I'll continue to think we have higher aspirations and there is a path to the upper tier in the state and country that DOES NOT run through UCF.

Here! Here!