• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One month away ---USF FOOTBALL!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1) Our secondary is going to need help, so I like that our D-line is going our strength. Actually, I'll take a good line over good secondary any day.

2) Backs, we've got a mess of them, in cluding FB Swanson. I want to see who's going to be THE MAN. I'm excited!

3) QBs, let's see who's going to be the new general in the new system -remember, it's not Leavitt ball anymore!

4) Receiver: we've got some good ones. Let's see how they do.

Let's get back to the basics and WIN SOME GAMES!

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

Just win. If we beat UL im happy.

We need answers at rb and qb.

We need a *moment* this season. A statement win or season.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the team is has more talent and is better than a lot of people are giving us credit for.

I think our safeties are pretty good, but agreed, CB position is thin and unproven.

I find it interesting that the forgotten man on defense has arguably been one of our best defensive players the last 3 years. No one talks about Lattimore. He has started every game since he has been here. Freshman All American. I believe his productivity has been down the last couple of years because of Skip's schemes and personnel experiments. LBs can't get sacks if the DC doesn't call blitzes. Don't forget they kept moving him inside and outside last year. I expect a big year from him.

I think the OL will be better than last year. They did pretty well in run blocking last year. With the use of a Fullback this year we should get at least a decent productivity out of the RBs this year.

We have one of the best Tight Ends in the country and an offense (supposedly, we will find out) that features the TE. Price is another guy we haven't heard mentioned too much lately.

If we get any productivity at all out of the RB position this team will compete near the top of the league.

The hard part for us as fans is trying to forget what we saw the last 3 years. Even in some of the wins, Skip and his crew were horrible game managers and worse managers of his personnel. He didn't how to use BJ. He couldn't figure out what to do with Lamar or TRex. Couldn't figure out when to use some players in certain positions. Consistently (and it started in his first season in the Florida game) had no clue how to manage the clock or play to the clock.

One thing I am hearing already is the difference in conditioning and discipline. We have already heard some of the reports about the tough off season workouts and emphasis on strength training. Skip was very soft on his players. It will make a difference.

This team will surprise.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think the team is has more talent and is better than a lot of people are giving us credit for.

I think our safeties are pretty good, but agreed, CB position is thin and unproven.

I find it interesting that the forgotten man on defense has arguably been one of our best defensive players the last 3 years. No one talks about Lattimore. He has started every game since he has been here. Freshman All American. I believe his productivity has been down the last couple of years because of Skip's schemes and personnel experiments. LBs can't get sacks if the DC doesn't call blitzes. Don't forget they kept moving him inside and outside last year. I expect a big year from him.

I think the OL will be better than last year. They did pretty well in run blocking last year. With the use of a Fullback this year we should get at least a decent productivity out of the RBs this year.

We have one of the best Tight Ends in the country and an offense (supposedly, we will find out) that features the TE. Price is another guy we haven't heard mentioned too much lately.

If we get any productivity at all out of the RB position this team will compete near the top of the league.

The hard part for us as fans is trying to forget what we saw the last 3 years. Even in some of the wins, Skip and his crew were horrible game managers and worse managers of his personnel. He didn't how to use BJ. He couldn't figure out what to do with Lamar or TRex. Couldn't figure out when to use some players in certain positions. Consistently (and it started in his first season in the Florida game) had no clue how to manage the clock or play to the clock.

One thing I am hearing already is the difference in conditioning and discipline. We have already heard some of the reports about the tough off season workouts and emphasis on strength training. Skip was very soft on his players. It will make a difference.

This team will surprise.

heard this song before

the beauty of sports is that we will indeed find out the truth once the games are played

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just in game management alone, we should be better.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,767
  • Days Won:  3

Well, here's the thinking from the boys over at CBS. 

I agree with their AAC assessment. L'ville is the AQ this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22930702/2013-conference-predictions

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Well, here's the thinking from the boys over at CBS. 

I agree with their AAC assessment. L'ville is the AQ this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22930702/2013-conference-predictions

I like Mr. Feldman.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I just want that winning spirit back. We lost so much more than the record indicates in the last three years; we lost the faith that our program used to have.

I've watched some of the WKU post-game videos and I think CWT will bring that back to USF.

This is job #1: Get the USF pride back.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just in game management alone, we should be better.

Yes. x1000, yes...please! This is something I'd argue we've never had.

On the CBS predictions, it just goes to show you how unpredictable this conference is--they must have some good debates over us. Hmm...USF high, UCF low--Is Feldman a USF grad or something?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I just want that winning spirit back. We lost so much more than the record indicates in the last three years; we lost the faith that our program used to have.

I've watched some of the WKU post-game videos and I think CWT will bring that back to USF.

This is job #1: Get the USF pride back

+1