• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think he'd be a great bridge while Taggart brings in guys for his system. And if he's a one and done, even better. We get some publicity on draft day, he doesn't hold back any of our younger guys, and he's the kind of back CWT can use. But I definitely agree about the deadline. **** or get off the pot.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Remembering that he was thinking about maybe walking-on at Arkansas...

Joe Schad â€@schadjoe 4m
Michael Dyer still has USF as option; has been hoping Louisville visit/offer could still be possible

This is like the college days when you are taking the guys to Mickey D's and one guy is broke and doesn't want to go. Everybody finally convinces him to go along for the ride. At the counter, knowing he's broke, you offer him a drink, he says no. Fries? no.

And then you hear: "I'll take #5 with an apple pie, though."

WTF?

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Remembering that he was thinking about maybe walking-on at Arkansas...

Joe Schad â€@schadjoe 4m

Michael Dyer still has USF as option; has been hoping Louisville visit/offer could still be possible

This is like the college days when you are taking the guys to Mickey D's and one guy is broke and doesn't want to go. Everybody finally convinces him to go along for the ride. At the counter, knowing he's broke, you offer him a drink, he says no. Fries? no.

And then you hear: "I'll take #5 with an apple pie, though."

WTF?

I laughed out loud at this...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If we were secure in a P5 conference I would agree that we could live with or without Dyer and Would have no problem giving him a hard deadline. However, this guy gives us 3 things we need. First, a proven RB (which is probably the least important of the 3 in the big picture). #2, he is a marquee, household name amongst football fans and #3, he becomes an intriguing story. Will he crash and burn or will he be an amazing turnaround story.

As we try to get into a better conference we need to win while gaining viewership. Dyer helps us win, but more importantly, he creates instant recognition for the program and viewers.

We need to win with flair and get people watching. That is what he gives us.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Without a proven QB teams will stack the line until we prove we can hurt them through the air consistently. UL has already proven that

This.  His yards/carry will be much better at UL.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

What a great trend. You guys should go through each recruit thread and list off all the reasons you would speculate that the recruit should want to attend a different school. I'm sure we'll all appreciate the diverse perspective. Another idea would be to invite fans of the other top schools recruiting the athlete to add their comments as well just to reinforce some of the speculation.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I love how we get our panties in a knot over a guy. He doesn't owe us anything.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I love how we get our panties in a knot over a guy. He doesn't owe us anything.

I don't think he owes USF anything, but I think we'd like to see him decide soon, if nothing else as a nod to Taggart, for apparently being one of the few to offer him a 3rd chance.  But that's mainly impatience on our part, admittedly.

The consensus is that we want him badly, as he can elevate the program in a BIG way, even if only for a year (then Yearly can give us 3 years before bolting for the NFL...kidding.  Mostly).  

As to the prior comment, I don't think any recruit or transfer has made a decision based on reading one of these forums...some people overinflate the influence of these boards.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You'd be surprised how many people disagree and think recruits give a **** what a bunch of middle aged men on their computers think.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If I were Taggart, I'd call Monday and say its now or never. You either hop on with us, or pray to God that someone else in the FBS picks you up, which none have so far.

As much as he is hoping for a UL visit, the admins said NO on July 1st.