• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Game Rumor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I remember none of our fans showed up for the St. Pete Bowl just down the road a few years ago because we were playing...Memphis ugh! Get ready for more of that in the future.

If by 'none' you are referring to 20k USF fans in attendance at that game then I don't think the word "none" means what you think it means...

There were MAYBE 20,000 fans total (both teams), and that was after a campaign on here to purchase unsold allotment for Boys and Girls club, military, and students.

We didn't even sell out our allotment.

I was there...it was brutally sad...when I mean none, I mean it looked like a weekday Rays game against the Twins. I will always go out and support my Bulls and I think lack of fan support is what doomed us in the re-alignment in the first place. We could have won a Big East title in the past and I don't think it would have mattered because we don't even control our own backyard (more Gators and FSU in Tampa area than Bulls). The tradition and fan support sucks beyond a good 20,000 diehards and in a sport dominated by perception, fan support and tradition are everything. I hate to say it, but people come out to see who the Bulls are playing probably more than the Bulls themselves and people can argue as to the cause of this until they are blue in the face (lack of winning, ocs, lack of tradition etc.). It just takes time.The truth is though that you HAVE TO BE the change that you want to see and as for me, my house, and my group of friends...we will continue to sticker/flag up our cars, arrive to tailgate 5 hours early, talk about USF football continuously with our FSU and Gator nuts, and generally display the pride. It is contagious and there is quite a bit of closet USF fanatics out there...the people like us on this board just have to be the ones leading the way no matter what conference we are in. To tell you the truth, I will celebrate the heck out of a 41-0 stomping of Tulane!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

What I'm hearing, from a pretty solid source.

Our champion (or best avail) will like play a New Years Day/New Years Eve game against the MWC champion.

No bowl mentioned, so I don't know if its an existing game or a new game.

Seems about right... this conference is the island of misft rejects so it would only make sense for us to play against our western counterpart for the right to play the lowest of the big 5 in a playoff game.

Its kind of like the special olypmics

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Tallest Midget Championship

Sponsored by: The Acme Ladder Company

Ladder Bowl

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

the big boys would never include aac/wmc/mac or wmc

there are 2 levels of d 1 football and we are in the second level

you guys are dreaming

our team doesnt even have a real d 1  qb and we arent even a better aac team

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

My sources say the game will be played at an outlet mall parking lot in Branson, Missouri.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

I remember none of our fans showed up for the St. Pete Bowl just down the road a few years ago because we were playing...Memphis ugh! Get ready for more of that in the future.

If by 'none' you are referring to 20k USF fans in attendance at that game then I don't think the word "none" means what you think it means...

There were MAYBE 20,000 fans total (both teams), and that was after a campaign on here to purchase unsold allotment for Boys and Girls club, military, and students.

We didn't even sell out our allotment.

I was there...it was brutally sad...when I mean none, I mean it looked like a weekday Rays game against the Twins. I will always go out and support my Bulls and I think lack of fan support is what doomed us in the re-alignment in the first place. We could have won a Big East title in the past and I don't think it would have mattered because we don't even control our own backyard (more Gators and FSU in Tampa area than Bulls). The tradition and fan support sucks beyond a good 20,000 diehards and in a sport dominated by perception, fan support and tradition are everything. I hate to say it, but people come out to see who the Bulls are playing probably more than the Bulls themselves and people can argue as to the cause of this until they are blue in the face (lack of winning, ocs, lack of tradition etc.). It just takes time.The truth is though that you HAVE TO BE the change that you want to see and as for me, my house, and my group of friends...we will continue to sticker/flag up our cars, arrive to tailgate 5 hours early, talk about USF football continuously with our FSU and Gator nuts, and generally display the pride. It is contagious and there is quite a bit of closet USF fanatics out there...the people like us on this board just have to be the ones leading the way no matter what conference we are in. To tell you the truth, I will celebrate the heck out of a 41-0 stomping of Tulane!

Very nicely put ... Hoping the figure is closer to 25K for diehards, though, but I think we're going to find out in the next couple of years.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

I remember that game. Very odd to be playing in the dome, as I'm used to seeing baseball games. Lets be honest...that was a bowl game, a post season reward, against Memphis - our once former and now current conference mate. That's the caliber of bowl game we'll be seeing henceforth...just not in our back yard. Would you drive up to wherever to watch that game? If you would, I applaud you, on account of I'd be wedged into the recliner with the remote pointed squarely at the coach's head. And since I'm sporting this uber-cool multi-color Mr. Negative tattoo, I'm leaning towards <20K season tickets sold for the 2014-15 season (if I remember correctly, I think we have around 4.5~5K season ticket accounts with multiple tickets per). 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Unfortunately, it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Once that game airs, and it's ratings suck (which they will), the P5 guys can all say "See we told you so! No one wants to see those schools."

• Upvote 1