• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

25 Most Important People in #USFBulls Sports History

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

Kawika Mitchell, Anthony Henry, Chucky Atkins, Solomon Jones, Dominque Jones, J.R. Reed, MIke Jenkins, Bill Grammatica, Jim Leavitt, Matt Grothe,

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Why no Holtz?

"Ducks flying bottles at him"

He should be on the list due to the Firsts that happened in his tenure even if the team tanked halfway through his 3 seasons. First to beat Miami, Notre Dame, Louisville away. Arguably won USF's most prestigious bowl game with the victory over Clemson. Sure there is more. If he had lost all those games, it would have been expected and not much of a big deal because USF was an under dog for all of them.

Well, the list is the "MOST IMPORTANT" people in USF sports history, so it could be someone who had a very positive or very negative impact on USF sports--both could be considered "important."

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Why no Holtz?

He should be on the list due to the Firsts that happened in his tenure even if the team tanked halfway through his 3 seasons. First to beat Miami, Notre Dame, Louisville away. Arguably won USF's most prestigious bowl game with the victory over Clemson. Sure there is more. If he had lost all those games, it would have been expected and not much of a big deal because USF was an under dog for all of them.

Well, the list is the "MOST IMPORTANT" people in USF sports history, so it could be someone who had a very positive or very negative impact on USF sports--both could be considered "important."

I don't think anyone other than Slick takes Slick serious on this one.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

Why no Holtz?

I don't think anyone other than Slick takes Slick serious on this one.

Even I wouldn't put him on that list ....... now. If CWT leads us to a National Championship,  Skip's importance to USF would be elevated.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

That guy that emailed USF about firing Holtz, he gets my vote for being on the list. I be if he didn't start the ball rolling, we'd be looking at USF football destruction year number four.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Mike Lewis was my hero.  You got treated the same as any major donor by him.  He was always great to talk Bulls with.  Hated to see him go north.

Fred Lewis

Radenko Dobras

Kayvon Webster -football and track

Kerine Black - All American track

Jimmy Baxter - BB and track

Womens BB - Wanda Guyton, Jessica Dickson or the Smith sisters

Charlie Bradley

Gramatica Family

Soccer ???  gotta be somebody - I just don't follow soccer.

Tony Grier

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That guy that emailed USF about firing Holtz, he gets my vote for being on the list. I be if he didn't start the ball rolling, we'd be looking at USF football destruction year number four.

Believe that was John Ramil.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Kawika Mitchell, Anthony Henry, Chucky Atkins, Solomon Jones, Dominque Jones, J.R. Reed, MIke Jenkins, Bill Grammatica, Jim Leavitt, Matt Grothe,

I noticed those missing as well.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805

I think the best way to do this is maybe pick the top 50 and then eliminate.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8

In USF's 25 most important people we cant forget about the support staff. These people do the  most work behind the scenes and are never looking for recognition of any type.

Sports Medicine

-Steve Walz

Strength and Conditioning

-Ronnie McKeefery

Equipment

-Jeremy Lees