• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amid all the QB concern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I hate you Brad!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Back to the RBBC days...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Willie Davis also looked good during the spring game. Kid is BIG and can run fast, was a 3* coming out of HS with SEC offers. 

I'm thinking McCray (RB) will contribute with Swason (FB) right off the bat...just hoping they can make a dent. Run 4 backs at them at all times so nobody gets tired. McCray, Pierre, Shaw, Davis. When you're inside the 10 lets Swanson smash his way through. 

Maybe, but Taggart's history says he will try to find one bellcow and one solid backup.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Puckering just a bit for the 2013 season

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

There are so many unknown/unproven skill position players on this offense that QB can just be lumped together with the rest of the positions.

Not 1 proven D1 RB on the roster

You can tell me all you want about Andre Davis' potential, but until he can put together a string of 4 or 5 games of consistent production he and the rest of the receiving corps remains a question mark.

TE looks to be solid the way Price performed late in the year. This should be good for this offense, but again, it's hard to be too excited yet. He had a total of 209 yards and committed a lot of penalties at key times. I know he was a true Freshman, but until proven otherwise to me, TE is in the "potential" category.

Lots of question marks. Holtz left a mess.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Willie Davis is best but the freshmans coming in don't lack for size or talent. Tice and mcray have huge oppurtunity.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think we will see a lot of big 4th qtrs from this team. We will physically wear teams down. The two freshmen coming in are huge and will beat up the opposing team... I see us playing close the first three qtrs and then breaking loose on some long runs in the fourth. If we can't keep it close or keep the ball for any amount of time in the first 3 qtrs we lose... Just my thought process with seeing what we got coming in and the clips of Taggart's offense from WKU.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think we will see a lot of big 4th qtrs from this team. We will physically wear teams down. The two freshmen coming in are huge and will beat up the opposing team... I see us playing close the first three qtrs and then breaking loose on some long runs in the fourth. If we can't keep it close or keep the ball for any amount of time in the first 3 qtrs we lose... Just my thought process with seeing what we got coming in and the clips of Taggart's offense from WKU.

Hope you're right, but this is 180 degrees fro what we've done the last 3 years.

You're putting a lot of faith in the S&C Coach and a change of culture.

YMTGE!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully Pierre and White will do good things for us.

32       Willie Davis     RB     5-9     213     RSo.     Lithonia, Ga. (Stephenson HS)

38       Kyle Peck     RB     5-8     183     Sr.     Lakeland, Fla. (North Greenville University) (George Jenkins HS)

45       Michael Pierre     RB     5-10     202     RJr.     Winter Garden, Fla. (Golden West College) (Agape Christian)

20       Marcus Shaw     RB     5-9     178     Sr.     Arcadia, Fla. (De Soto HS)

11       Ryan Eppes     FB     6-1     236     RSr.     Seminole, Fla. (Largo HS)

40       Timothy Finklea     FB     6-0     227     Jr.     Bradenton, Fla. (Graceland University) (Bayshore HS)

45       Brandon Harris     FB     5-11     225     Jr.     Jacksonville, Fla. (Wolfson HS)

39       Grant White     FB     5-11     239     Jr.     Watertown, N.Y. (Jefferson CC) (South Jefferson HS)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2013&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

How is the Timothy kid?  He went to my high school but I have not heard anything about him

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Yes, there are concerns about the other positions, of course. But the QB is the field general. You put PFC I'm-scared back there and the whole team knows it. Everybody plays worse, and then it all goes bad.

I'd like a competent QB before all other positions.