• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ Daniels is a 49er!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,056
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF:

USF FOOTBALL: Daniels Drafted in Seventh Round by San Francisco

TAMPA - University of South Florida QB B.J. Daniels was selected 237th overall by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He becomes the Bulls 11th NFL Draft pick over the last four years, which is the second most of any team in the BIG EAST. Daniels is the third Bull drafted in 2013 after Kayvon Webster was selected in the third round by the Denver Broncos and Sam Barrington went five picks before Daniels in the seventh round.

“What a great day,” Daniels said. “I’ve worked so hard to get to this point and I’m just happy the 49ers felt I could help their team. It’s a great franchise and I’m going to try and contribute in a way that will help them continue winning. I’ve had a lot of support and just want to thank all of the people that stuck with me and had my back through this whole process. It’s a dream come true.”

With the selection, Daniels became the first USF quarterback to be drafted into the NFL and is the first offensive player to be taken since 2010.

Daniels played in 47 games, starting 42, during his career with USF. He completed 649-of-1,132 attempts for 8,433 yards and 52 TDs, while rushing for 2,068 yards and 25 TDs. His 8,433 passing yards rank third on USF’s all-time list and his 52 TD passes are tied for second. Daniels finished third all-time in BIG EAST history with 10,501 total yards and fifth in TDs responsible for with 77.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Its amazing that the entire rest of the planet sees something in us that we(collectively) can';t seem to assess. A huge congrats to BJ. I wish him huge success.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Its amazing that the entire rest of the planet sees something in us that we(collectively) can';t seem to assess. A huge congrats to BJ. I wish him huge success.

I think many of us always believed that BJ could be very good at WR or in some running type packages. I suspect that is still the case for the NFL although Denver will take a look at QB.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

He's probably the closest thing to Kapernick athletically in this draft. Take away the accuracy and he's pretty close, so logical to look for a guy you don't have to change a system for.

I was wondering if he'd even get to a camp and he got drafted.

Also, now we can tell future QB recruits our last guy got drafted, regardless ofwhat happens from here

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe he will do better with an NFL squad around him. But I guess it will be an NFL defense too. I hope he makes it at QB. I'm sure hell make it at some position regardless he was the most athletic player on our team.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Happy that my 49ers took Daniels. Now he won't ever play QB for them, but as Harbaugh said Daniels will get a chance to be a swiss army knife kind of guy. I'm sure they drafted him with the idea he can play on the scout team and imitate Russel Wilson to best prepare them for they play the Seahawks as well. The 49ers have Colt McCoy to backup Kaepernick.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Aaron Rogers is on notice. Couldn't resist because that was the NFL.com response to when the Bucs used their first pick on a QB, a crappy one at that, that Freeman was on notice. Glad he went to the Packers and not The Jets. That franchise is a mess.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164372/article/bucs-mike-glennon-pick-puts-josh-freeman-on-notice

EDIT: The text I got was he went to the Packers, not the 49ers. lol That's another good organization that should find a way to use him.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Second most NFL drafts in big east in recent years...? Why can't we finish better than 3rd?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If BJ makes it as the backup to Colin K, then he'd be one hard hit from taking over.

Not that I wish any ill luck on Colin, but BJ's a good fit for the 49ers