• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The word is "win", Doug

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This clown needs to be held to account for everything he does relative to his highly paid position. Please don't try and give this self-serving neer-do-well a pass!!

HBRYAN You are the CLOWN

Own it

It doesn't take AN INTELEGENT CLOWN TO CAST STONES....GIVE ME LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS/FIXES IN THE CORPORATE FRAMEWORK AND I MIGHT STOP CALLING YOU A CLOWN..Show me a path, a road mad, a plan to solve USF's problems...Untill then CLOWN

If you had some sense or experience you would have learned....FIRING DOES NOT SOLVE PROBLEMS...GIVE ME SOME MEAT...NOT FLUFF

Go Bulls

Doug Woolard, is that you?  You're not as literate with the keyboard as you seem to be in person ... and I'm sure hbryan doesn't want to come up with some solutions and do your job for free.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I recognise class...I just find it missing in your post...TROLL

Go bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

You guys giving DW a pass on his performance as AD and now his comments about USF Athletics should be ashamed.  USF Athletics has been declining since this guy took over and will continue to slide, especially if alumni aren't calling him out on his job performance or pertinent comments.  HE IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID ADs IN THE COUNTRY!!  What should we as alumni, students, parents, etc who all contribute to his lofty salary expect from him? This clown needs to be held to account for everything he does relative to his highly paid position.  Please don't try and give this self-serving neer-do-well a pass!!

I've been a fan of his to this point.  But my support and belief is starting to fade.  You pick up bits and pieces of what is going on over there and it makes you start to wonder.  Firing Lelo would be a step in the right direction.  Hiring some more people in Athletics and promoting Eric would boost my trust as well. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think Saint Louis, Doug's former employer, may end up in Big East while the Bulls end up in a conference yet to be named.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think Saint Louis, Doug's former employer, may end up in Big East while the Bulls end up in a conference yet to be named.

The Manchurian Candidate strikes again!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

While Woolard's statement sounds stupid, you are kind of disecting his words too much.

This.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

I think the word "win" should be used whenever we are talking about our goals as a program.

That's really why you play the game to WIN not to participate.

But then again, it just sounds like any other politician.  I wouldn't over analyze it.

I agree, but IMO the OP does have a point: When you discuss goals and don't talk about winning, it's almost like you are setting a bar low enough for you to keep your job even if you don't win. And i can't abide that.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

FYI bull71,

Athletic director staff are not allowed to recruit. This is not the 1st time I have seen this type of statement from you.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Try and look at this objectively vs a USF fan with unrealistic expectations. Doug sounds like a realist. Be the best possible. He knows that doesn't mean be the best in the SEC. Athletics is a finite world with lots more going on behind the scenes than what happens on the field or court. He knows the best coaches like Nick Saban or Mike" Krzyzewski won't be a USF coach for many reasons so he goes out and finds the best coaches he can and gives them huge incentives to win. He links their success to his salary so he won't get paid unless they do well, which acts as a further incentive to him to get the best coaches he possible can. And he knows that the best players in each sport, due to many factors, probably will only sign up to USF occasionally. So he has spent millions on facilities to get USF in the top tier in that department. You can't make the best athletes and coaches come to USF. All you can hope for is that the ground work be laid out to make it as attractive as possible  and that the coaches and athletes do their best possible to coach and compete.  Many of you think you can just make the top athletes and coaches come to USF. It doesn't work that way, at least not within the NCAA guidelines. But if you are in the group thinking it, then yeah, you'd have issues with anything Doug says. But just like USF not being in a Power 5 conference, reality check people.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

FYI bull71,

Athletic director staff are not allowed to recruit. This is not the 1st time I have seen this type of statement from you.

2) Only coaches and athletic department staff members may be involved in the recruiting process. Alumni, friends and other athletics representatives who are not employed by the institution may not contact a prospect (or his/her family or guardian) via written correspondence, telephone, or in-person (either on or off campus) for the purpose of soliciting their participation in the athletic program

Prospective Student-Athlete (Prospect)

A prospective student-athlete, or prospect, is any student who has started classes for the ninth grade. Also, a student who has not started classes for the ninth grade becomes a prospect if the institution provides such an individual (or his/her relatives or friends) any financial assistance or other benefits that the institution does not provide to prospective students generally

?????? I did not comprehend ???? Edited by bull-71