• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Bowl Lineup

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Can't help you there.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

I think our Decembers, henceforth, are gonna be exceptionally chilly. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Champs, Belk, and Pinstripe haven't gone anywhere yet. The Pinstripe is likely gone, but who cares about that bowl.

I am hoping that if A12 offers their #1, it will be more attractive than the B12 or B10 #8 or 9. Remember, all of their top bowls are already spoken for, so the best they can do is offer a very low pick. If they move the Champs or Belk up their bowl lineups, which bowls are being eliminated or moved down. Whatever those bowls are might be available.

In theory, when one door closes, another one opens. At a certain point being the #8 or 9 pick in a so called power conf. is not more attractive. They can't just add bowls without others being deleted or moved down the chain. Do you think the other bowls are going to be happy about being moved down to make room form Champs/Belk/Pinstripe.

Again if you look at the so called "power conferences" every single one of their bowls is already spoken for all the way down to the #8 or 9 slot. So I ask again, which bowl is being deleted from their lineups or being moved down. It's either that or they make any new bowls Their #10 pick. Which is it.

Belk Bowl is likely done - http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/21826498

If you believe McMurphy the Russel Athletic is too.

What you're removing is that these power conferences have more teams. Which means more tie ins. And by all accounts (reports) they're okay dropping the Big East

That article doesn't say anything. Just that a bowl arrangement is "being discussed". Since when did discussing something mean it is going to happen.

McMurphy also just said the B12 was talking to both Champs and Gator. He never said that one was a done deal either. The B12 has like 8 tie ins for 10 teams, I don't even know if they have any room for more bowls. Are they now going to have 10 bowls for 10 teams. And if so, is #10 more attractive than BE1.

Typically it's not a good sign when someone reports that a bowl game is talking about being in a very intricate 4 conference rotation, and you're not One of those conferences.

- Right now the CUSA's top bowl is the Liberty. This new league, while better than CUSA, could easily start 2014 with that same issue.

- Three years ago the Gator Bowl elected to take the 6/7th best SEC team over te 2nd best Big East team. Bowl games are definitely more willing to take a bad major conference team if offered. That doesn't always mean they will, there could be a nice bowl that opens for us. But I wouldn't expect us to be tied to Russell Athletic or Bell in 2014.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You know, I haven't thought of that. You got me. Right on!

UCLA got into last year's Fight Hunger Bowl with 6 wins so I see where you are going with this.

Follow me...

What do you want to bet that considerations will be made in the future regarding 'quality losses' or something like that? I'm not trying to sound too wacky, but I totally see Herbstreit and Corso (ESPN mouthpieces) singing the same line they always have, "So and so deserves a bowl - look at the schedule they played" "Now look at me and tell me Northern Illinois and South Florida deserve to play in the Domino's Beefy, Cheesy Pasta Bowl (coincidentally owned by ESPN and aired on ESPN networks) only playing a Metro (?) or MAC schedule..."No way in hell, Herbie, like hell they don't." "Let's not forget the diabolical game that was last years Orange Bowl..." 

Is it just me or, don't you think ESPN tried way too hard to impress upon others that schools like them (and their ilk) were not invited?

I admit, what follows is MY DREAM:

With the money and the contracts in place, don't be surprised to see bowls suddenly accepting bids from teams with lower records than before. I mean, Jesus, we'd have to burn the place to the ground and piss on it's ashes should an undefeated MWC or A12 team come and play on our hollowed grounds? Where is their private Leer jet? They flew in first class, off of a couple of normal airplanes, just like everyone else. Why aren't they prancing down the jetway in any couture sweat and jogging suits? Where are these players baby-mamas and other hangers on?

"Say what?! You play for a conference that is trying to improve it's academic profile and become a symbol of decent, affordable college education for EVERYONE?" 

"You're team doesn't have 12 uniforms and 9 helmets to wear during the season?" "MY GOD, the HUMANITY" - so many lost merchandise sales. "Who will pray for your souls?"

"You mean, you actually have to go to class and EARN the grades and then you are ALLOWED to represent the school you play for?"

"Yes Ma'am, it's a new day in our conference. Brightest minds - better football / programs that are not puppets to boosters and presidents. It's for the alum and the fans!

Back to reality: It will be the same song they've always played Charrsibb, now only the conferences have exclusive contracts with the bowls and hell be damned, the rest are only gaining access to that ONE access slot.

Save this post: I will personally buy you, charsibb, a $200 bottle of whatever hooch you like, if, within five years from NOW USF's bowl situation is markedly (read: our number one playing #3-5 of any "Power 5 Conferences;  ACC/SEC/B12/B10/PAC better than they are now.

Is this fair? For the record, I prefer bourbon - Knob Creek or Elijah Craig 18 yr. when I can get it. Booker's in a pinch.

Sorry, as a teetotaller and a non-gambler, you're on your own there!

But I dearly hope we end up on the "power" side of the P4/5 when all is said and done.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

You know, I haven't thought of that. You got me. Right on!

UCLA got into last year's Fight Hunger Bowl with 6 wins so I see where you are going with this.

Follow me...

What do you want to bet that considerations will be made in the future regarding 'quality losses' or something like that? I'm not trying to sound too wacky, but I totally see Herbstreit and Corso (ESPN mouthpieces) singing the same line they always have, "So and so deserves a bowl - look at the schedule they played" "Now look at me and tell me Northern Illinois and South Florida deserve to play in the Domino's Beefy, Cheesy Pasta Bowl (coincidentally owned by ESPN and aired on ESPN networks) only playing a Metro (?) or MAC schedule..."No way in hell, Herbie, like hell they don't." "Let's not forget the diabolical game that was last years Orange Bowl..." 

Is it just me or, don't you think ESPN tried way too hard to impress upon others that schools like them (and their ilk) were not invited?

I admit, what follows is MY DREAM:

With the money and the contracts in place, don't be surprised to see bowls suddenly accepting bids from teams with lower records than before. I mean, Jesus, we'd have to burn the place to the ground and piss on it's ashes should an undefeated MWC or A12 team come and play on our hollowed grounds? Where is their private Leer jet? They flew in first class, off of a couple of normal airplanes, just like everyone else. Why aren't they prancing down the jetway in any couture sweat and jogging suits? Where are these players baby-mamas and other hangers on?

"Say what?! You play for a conference that is trying to improve it's academic profile and become a symbol of decent, affordable college education for EVERYONE?" 

"You're team doesn't have 12 uniforms and 9 helmets to wear during the season?" "MY GOD, the HUMANITY" - so many lost merchandise sales. "Who will pray for your souls?"

"You mean, you actually have to go to class and EARN the grades and then you are ALLOWED to represent the school you play for?"

"Yes Ma'am, it's a new day in our conference. Brightest minds - better football / programs that are not puppets to boosters and presidents. It's for the alum and the fans!

Back to reality: It will be the same song they've always played Charrsibb, now only the conferences have exclusive contracts with the bowls and hell be damned, the rest are only gaining access to that ONE access slot.

Save this post: I will personally buy you, charsibb, a $200 bottle of whatever hooch you like, if, within five years from NOW USF's bowl situation is markedly (read: our number one playing #3-5 of any "Power 5 Conferences;  ACC/SEC/B12/B10/PAC better than they are now.

Is this fair? For the record, I prefer bourbon - Knob Creek or Elijah Craig 18 yr. when I can get it. Booker's in a pinch.

But I dearly hope we end up on the "power" side of the P4/5 when all is said and done.

Fair enough. 

To be honest though, I can admit to some of the rambling in this particular post of mine being the product of too much Knob Creek last night.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The Champs, Belk, and Pinstripe haven't gone anywhere yet. The Pinstripe is likely gone, but who cares about that bowl.

I am hoping that if A12 offers their #1, it will be more attractive than the B12 or B10 #8 or 9. Remember, all of their top bowls are already spoken for, so the best they can do is offer a very low pick. If they move the Champs or Belk up their bowl lineups, which bowls are being eliminated or moved down. Whatever those bowls are might be available.

In theory, when one door closes, another one opens. At a certain point being the #8 or 9 pick in a so called power conf. is not more attractive. They can't just add bowls without others being deleted or moved down the chain. Do you think the other bowls are going to be happy about being moved down to make room form Champs/Belk/Pinstripe.

Again if you look at the so called "power conferences" every single one of their bowls is already spoken for all the way down to the #8 or 9 slot. So I ask again, which bowl is being deleted from their lineups or being moved down. It's either that or they make any new bowls Their #10 pick. Which is it.

Belk Bowl is likely done - http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/21826498

What you're removing is that these power conferences have more teams. Which means more tie ins. And by all accounts (reports) they're okay dropping the Big East

That article doesn't say anything. Just that a bowl arrangement is "being discussed". Since when did discussing something mean it is going to happen.

McMurphy also just said the B12 was talking to both Champs and Gator. He never said that one was a done deal either. The B12 has like 8 tie ins for 10 teams, I don't even know if they have any room for more bowls. Are they now going to have 10 bowls for 10 teams. And if so, is #10 more attractive than BE1.

Typically it's not a good sign when someone reports that a bowl game is talking about being in a very intricate 4 conference rotation, and you're not One of those conferences.

- Right now the CUSA's top bowl is the Liberty. This new league, while better than CUSA, could easily start 2014 with that same issue.

- Three years ago the Gator Bowl elected to take the 6/7th best SEC team over te 2nd best Big East team. Bowl games are definitely more willing to take a bad major conference team if offered. That doesn't always mean they will, there could be a nice bowl that opens for us. But I wouldn't expect us to be tied to Russell Athletic or Bell in 2014.

False about the Gator bowl. This is what happened. The gator was willing to resign with BE. They however wanted to do another hybrid deal with sun or get a guarantee of ND 2 out of 4. The BE was unwilling to do this so the BE offered both the champs bowl and gator bowl the same deal. Get ND once out of 4. First bowl to accept would get BE. The champs bit first so the BE signed with them. The gator then signed with SEC and b10.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

False about the Gator bowl. This is what happened. The gator was willing to resign with BE. They however wanted to do another hybrid deal with sun or get a guarantee of ND 2 out of 4. The BE was unwilling to do this so the BE offered both the champs bowl and gator bowl the same deal. Get ND once out of 4. First bowl to accept would get BE. The champs bit first so the BE signed with them. The gator then signed with SEC and b10.

No the Gator had been slowly pushing the BE out after 2004. Google it if you don't believe me.

The Gator tried to get the SEC to replace the Big East in 2005. It fell through. A few years later they took on the Big 12 with the Big East/ND. The Gator told the Big East and ACC that they were trying to sign the big Ten and SEC, and that they would fall back with those teams if it fell through like in '05.

The Big East signed with Champs.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

It is because we are Conference USA again...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Joe I did google it and can find articles to back my points. I am not denying that the gator was eyeing other conferences, but what I said happened and I can verify it. Now possibly they did not do the 1/4 deal so they could find another conf but the fact remains the BE chose the champs because they did a ND 1/4 deal which was also offered to gator. This is a fact and yes I have read/googled articles.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

How can you be a non-gambler, a teetoaler and a Bulls fan?  That is a non sequitur if I have ever heard one.