• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Bowl Lineup

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

So, if we win the Amicable12, we play like the 8th or 9th best team from a Power 4/5 conference?

We should win the A12 and boycott the bowl.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

The Champs, Belk, and Pinstripe haven't gone anywhere yet. The Pinstripe is likely gone, but who cares about that bowl.

I am hoping that if A12 offers their #1, it will be more attractive than the B12 or B10 #8 or 9. Remember, all of their top bowls are already spoken for, so the best they can do is offer a very low pick. If they move the Champs or Belk up their bowl lineups, which bowls are being eliminated or moved down. Whatever those bowls are might be available.

In theory, when one door closes, another one opens. At a certain point being the #8 or 9 pick in a so called power conf. is not more attractive. They can't just add bowls without others being deleted or moved down the chain. Do you think the other bowls are going to be happy about being moved down to make room form Champs/Belk/Pinstripe.

Again if you look at the so called "power conferences" every single one of their bowls is already spoken for all the way down to the #8 or 9 slot. So I ask again, which bowl is being deleted from their lineups or being moved down. It's either that or they make any new bowls Their #10 pick. Which is it.

Belk Bowl is likely done - http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/21826498

If you believe McMurphy the Russel Athletic is too.

What you're removing is that these power conferences have more teams. Which means more tie ins. And by all accounts (reports) they're okay dropping the Big East

Yep! It will be interesting when bowl games will practically be givens for 'power' teams. 

Going to a bowl game for them won't be an achievement. Only the date of and name of the game will be the distinction. Attendance won't matter because ESPN will look at the games as free advertising for their 'brands' - games and teams.

ESPN and others won't care, as by their and the bowl committees logic, a #9 SEC team will always be more coveted and valuable, carrying more 'value' than anyone from the Go5. Look at the treatment NIU got at the Orange Bowl.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The Champs, Belk, and Pinstripe haven't gone anywhere yet. The Pinstripe is likely gone, but who cares about that bowl.

I am hoping that if A12 offers their #1, it will be more attractive than the B12 or B10 #8 or 9. Remember, all of their top bowls are already spoken for, so the best they can do is offer a very low pick. If they move the Champs or Belk up their bowl lineups, which bowls are being eliminated or moved down. Whatever those bowls are might be available.

In theory, when one door closes, another one opens. At a certain point being the #8 or 9 pick in a so called power conf. is not more attractive. They can't just add bowls without others being deleted or moved down the chain. Do you think the other bowls are going to be happy about being moved down to make room form Champs/Belk/Pinstripe.

Again if you look at the so called "power conferences" every single one of their bowls is already spoken for all the way down to the #8 or 9 slot. So I ask again, which bowl is being deleted from their lineups or being moved down. It's either that or they make any new bowls Their #10 pick. Which is it.

Belk Bowl is likely done - http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/21826498

What you're removing is that these power conferences have more teams. Which means more tie ins. And by all accounts (reports) they're okay dropping the Big East

Yep! It will be interesting when bowl games will practically be givens for 'power' teams. 

Going to a bowl game for them won't be an achievement. Only the date of and name of the game will be the distinction. Attendance won't matter because ESPN will look at the games as free advertising for their 'brands' - games and teams.

ESPN and others won't care, as by their and the bowl committees logic, a #9 SEC team will always be more coveted and valuable, carrying more 'value' than anyone from the Go5. Look at the treatment NIU got at the Orange Bowl.

How are they all going to get to 6 wins if they only play other P5 teams, though?

P4/5 will make all rules. What does the NCAA do anymore?

You know, I haven't thought of that. You got me. Right on!

UCLA got into last year's Fight Hunger Bowl with 6 wins so I see where you are going with this.

Follow me...

What do you want to bet that considerations will be made in the future regarding 'quality losses' or something like that? I'm not trying to sound too wacky, but I totally see Herbstreit and Corso (ESPN mouthpieces) singing the same line they always have, "So and so deserves a bowl - look at the schedule they played" "Now look at me and tell me Northern Illinois and South Florida deserve to play in the Domino's Beefy, Cheesy Pasta Bowl (coincidentally owned by ESPN and aired on ESPN networks) only playing a Metro (?) or MAC schedule..."No way in hell, Herbie, like hell they don't." "Let's not forget the diabolical game that was last years Orange Bowl..." 

Is it just me or, don't you think ESPN tried way too hard to impress upon others that schools like them (and their ilk) were not invited?

I admit, what follows is MY DREAM:

With the money and the contracts in place, don't be surprised to see bowls suddenly accepting bids from teams with lower records than before. I mean, Jesus, we'd have to burn the place to the ground and piss on it's ashes should an undefeated MWC or A12 team come and play on our hollowed grounds? Where is their private Leer jet? They flew in first class, off of a couple of normal airplanes, just like everyone else. Why aren't they prancing down the jetway in any couture sweat and jogging suits? Where are these players baby-mamas and other hangers on?

"Say what?! You play for a conference that is trying to improve it's academic profile and become a symbol of decent, affordable college education for EVERYONE?" 

"You're team doesn't have 12 uniforms and 9 helmets to wear during the season?" "MY GOD, the HUMANITY" - so many lost merchandise sales. "Who will pray for your souls?"

"You mean, you actually have to go to class and EARN the grades and then you are ALLOWED to represent the school you play for?"

"Yes Ma'am, it's a new day in our conference. Brightest minds - better football / programs that are not puppets to boosters and presidents. It's for the alum and the fans!

Back to reality: It will be the same song they've always played Charrsibb, now only the conferences have exclusive contracts with the bowls and hell be damned, the rest are only gaining access to that ONE access slot.

Save this post: I will personally buy you, charsibb, a $200 bottle of whatever hooch you like, if, within five years from NOW USF's bowl situation is markedly (read: our number one playing #3-5 of any "Power 5 Conferences;  ACC/SEC/B12/B10/PAC better than they are now.

Is this fair? For the record, I prefer bourbon - Knob Creek or Elijah Craig 18 yr. when I can get it. Booker's in a pinch.

Edited by BaltoBull

P4/5 will make all rules. What does the NCAA do anymore?

This too....YO!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We can control 1 thing and 1 thing only. Just win baby!

"We" control nada, zip, zillch..

Not sure if you're saying I used we as in you and I can do something. To be clear when I say we I mean USF as a whole.YES, WE CONTROL THAT!!!!!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

That article doesn't say anything.  Just that a bowl arrangement is "being discussed".  Since when did discussing something mean it is going to happen.

McMurphy also just said the B12 was talking to both Champs and Gator.  He never said that one was a done deal either.  The B12 has like 8 tie ins for 10 teams, I don't even know if they have any room for more bowls.  Are they now going to have 10 bowls for 10 teams.  And if so, is #10 more attractive than BE1.

McMurphy? post-3694-136323085012_thumb.jpg

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Looks like a great crack rock