• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jarvis Stewart, RB, Largo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

These kids cannot get out of their own way.  That sucks.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sucks for the kid too, that he allegedly messed with.  Don't want guys anywhere near the USF campus or any other school campus for that matter.  Jail campus is fine too - assuming the charges stick and he's found guilty.    

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So if the kid is 17 and he has a 15yr old GF who gets mad and rats him out. His life is ruined? So of these sex crimes are ridiculous. You may want to punish the kid but a felony is ridiculous IMHO. Loses college degree, registered sex offender ad infinitum......

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^so you allege.

I used the word above because I just don't know what went down, you should try that word too.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So if the kid is 17 and he has a 15yr old GF who gets mad and rats him out. His life is ruined? So of these sex crimes are ridiculous. You may want to punish the kid but a felony is ridiculous IMHO. Loses college degree, registered sex offender ad infinitum......

Yep, FL and this country has some laws that don't make any sense. As long as both kids are in high school, then I don't see what the big deal is. But, it could be something completely different other than a consensual hookup. It sounds like it might be considering it's a felony and not a misdemeanor. I doubt a judge would throw out a felony charge over consensual sex between a 17 year old and a 14/15 year old.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

He's 18

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Yep, FL and this country has some laws that don't make any sense. As long as both kids are in high school, then I don't see what the big deal is. But, it could be something completely different other than a consensual hookup. It sounds like it might be considering it's a felony and not a misdemeanor. I doubt a judge would throw out a felony charge over consensual sex between a 17 year old and a 14/15 year old.

The judge isn't the one who is assigning the charges here, the arresting officers are. As of earlier today he had yet to be seen by a judge for his initial appearance. It will be up to the prosecutor to determine the best charges for the circumstances when moving forward on the case. I haven't gotten a hold of the police report, but I will take a look at it and see what the officers wrote.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He's 18

I think there is also a two year exception, meaning if she was 16 it wouldn't have been a crime.  Well, except for the marijuana part.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

^^^so you allege.

I used the word above because I just don't know what went down, you should try that word too.  

I said if, sorry i didn't use the word you wanted me too.  :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

All the more reason for young athletes to date cougars.

• Upvote 1