• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans...thoughts on UCF on Black Friday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

There's no telling what the game time will be. Hoping for night. We'll just have to see what happens in November. I thought it'd be a good idea to promote Black Friday deals at the apparel shops on campus with proof of tickets.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I know it's a road game for you, but what are you're thoughts on this game possibly being on Black Friday each year? How will it affect attendance at Ray Jay? My concerns are that both of our fan bases like this matchup, but aren't quite there enough to cut vacation or get students back from home so quickly for this game.

The BE has said they see this as a marquee rivalry in the conference and possibly being discussed as a package for future realignment. It'll be on a national stage, possibly ABC this year, as one of only 3 or 4 matchups that day. If there's a lame turnout, it could waive off a lot of interest for this rivalry. Being at UCF this year, I really fear this. Since UCF has been the bigger proponent of this rivalry since the beginning, if we cant sellout this game, it could spell disaster. Thanksgiving weekend is a ghost town at UCF. If it was in October, it'd sellout for sure...but TG weekend will be a MAJOR test for our fan base. Some USF fans may hope it falls flat at UCF to prove a point of some sort regarding the hype of this rivalry, others I've seen are already planning their trip to Orlando.

What are your thoughts?

(I'm a UCF fan for some of you newbies)

:facepalm:

LOL!  Could have been worse.  Could have been STK. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I know it's a road game for you, but what are you're thoughts on this game possibly being on Black Friday each year? How will it affect attendance at Ray Jay? My concerns are that both of our fan bases like this matchup, but aren't quite there enough to cut vacation or get students back from home so quickly for this game.

The BE has said they see this as a marquee rivalry in the conference and possibly being discussed as a package for future realignment. It'll be on a national stage, possibly ABC this year, as one of only 3 or 4 matchups that day. If there's a lame turnout, it could waive off a lot of interest for this rivalry. Being at UCF this year, I really fear this. Since UCF has been the bigger proponent of this rivalry since the beginning, if we cant sellout this game, it could spell disaster. Thanksgiving weekend is a ghost town at UCF. If it was in October, it'd sellout for sure...but TG weekend will be a MAJOR test for our fan base. Some USF fans may hope it falls flat at UCF to prove a point of some sort regarding the hype of this rivalry, others I've seen are already planning their trip to Orlando.

What are your thoughts?

Honestly, the thread's not that bad ... The facepalm is because Goldie's avatar pretty much explains who he's a fan of and even newbies will recognize it. I understand that he needs to dumb down stuff when addressing Kaniggit fans on his own board but if he's going to start spending more time over here again, he needs to know that he can up his game a bit.
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

.... They asked for it, now they got it. It's beat down time.

Best Reply!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Can we breakout the black uni's for this game?

umm.. unless your being sarcastic...

Why the hell would we wear BLACK uniforms for this???

You do know UCF colors are gold and BLACK!

That would be the stupidest decision

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Considering ...Thoughts....attendance shold be great...Its a long holiday and out of town alumni can kill two birds with one trip...Be home for the holidays and catch a game....Should be a sell out...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

It will be a black day for UCF

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

It will be a black day for UCF

If it's a night game better have some USF fans stationed near the power supply fied....We don't want an artificial Black Out...They might try to sneak out..

Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

We sold out the last time USF played at BHNS, but that was 2008 and I'm October. We'll see how this goes. 12k of the seats are all student seats. They don't sell those seats to anyone. So the students will have to fill their own section. I'm hoping for a cross promotion combining the Akron game(Thursday night opener that UCF self scheduled with no TV that fans are upset about).

That game was also coming off of playing each other the previous three years, your stadium was still brand new, it was the last game between us for the foreseeable future and you guys had had a pretty good year the season before. The only one of those that still applies this time around is that you guys had a pretty good year last season. If it's a night game, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sellout, especially if both teams have respectable records going in. If it's the 11am BS ESPN pulled on us with Louisville two years ago, it'll be a tough sell

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

What are your thoughts?

Honestly, the thread's not that bad ... The facepalm is because Goldie's avatar pretty much explains who he's a fan of and even newbies will recognize it. I understand that he needs to dumb down stuff when addressing Kaniggit fans on his own board but if he's going to start spending more time over here again, he needs to know that he can up his game a bit.

You are right on all counts. The fact that its actually a decent topic is why I made no snide remarks despite the fact they were sitting on a platter for me.