• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk and Dinger this morning talking about the 'Bama boys and USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Yes, the law is 21. A common business practice is the use of the motto, "If they look under 30, ask for ID". But I'm assuming you knew that already and were just attempting to split hairs.

I never said to give the kid a scholly, I wouldn't even touch him with all of the national media attention it would get. I simply stated that if I were to take one, he would be the one I'd take. And even if I were to take him, it'd be in a walk-on capacity. Then again, I am not CWT and we will not be taking any of these kids. All of this was meant as a hypothetical discussion.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,092
  • Days Won:  469

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that if you had to take one, the lesser of the criminals would be the best choice from a publicity standpoint.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

So Hem, you equate the use of a knowingly stolen credit card (that your pals beat a kid for) to some knucklehead serving beer to an underage bar patron?

Negative sir.

Yes, you did ...

After reading the complaints and the charges I think only Calloway should be considered. He showed incredibly poor judgment in using a stolen debit/credit card, but no where in the rest of the arrest reports and complaints is he linked with the robbery itself. Out of all of them he is the one who showed poor judgement that can be easily rectified. The other three would be long term projects with scant chance of success.

Glad someone else actually read up on the arrest reports instead of just assuming they all beat the shiz out of two guys. I'd rank using a stolen debit card in the same category as Matt Grothe's arrest for selling alcohol to a minor.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

so you are telling me that these kids were arrested for robbery, therefore lose their scholarships and get kicked out of Alabama; and they can just turnaround and receive a second full ride to a different school. somethings wrong with this picture.

You must not be familiar with Cam Newton…

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

so you are telling me that these kids were arrested for robbery, therefore lose their scholarships and get kicked out of Alabama; and they can just turnaround and receive a second full ride to a different school. somethings wrong with this picture.

You must not be familiar with Cam Newton…

Juco...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Cam Newton was charged with stealing a laptop. Not beating a student to the point of hospitalization and taking his credit card.

Theft, fine, kids learn. Pot, whatever. Suspended license, I don't care.

Beating someone to take an item off them? That's just saying screw someone's well being. You can replace a laptop. You can't replace injuries.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Are we really this desperate??????

Edited by DELdaBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't feel like quoting you Triple because it's getting long at this point.

I was responding to his implied quote that I was referring to Williams, Pettaway and Hayes. I was referring to Calloway, not the other 3.

"Negative Sir" was used to express that this was incorrect, not that I wasn't comparing the use of the card with the alcohol charge.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bring them in and give them a second chance. Our sports programs are terrible it is time we started to take a few chances.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Id rather look at qualified JUCO's first, then head to the probies; maybe Momma Bull can start recruiting for USF...  What do you think M.B.?