• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marquell Blackwell to be hired onto USF coaching staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bulls247 tweets: Former #USF great returns to the program

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Bulls247-has-learned-that-Marquel-Blackwell-is-back-on-campus-118385

Edited by Hem

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

He was kind of before my time. Anyone want to share some BG on him? What was his playing career like? What has he been up to since USF?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

He was probably the best QB we've had here in school history.  Always made great decisions in the pocket and really was exciting to watch.

My first year at USF was his last year here in 2002.  Since then I think he played with the NY Jets for a few seasons and coached some HS Football here in the Tampa area.

I'm sure someone else will have more to add but he was a class act and can only help our football team.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

About Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He also played against lesser competition than any QB that followed...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Best QB to ever play at USF. BJ could have been better, just didn't have the proper coaching to hone his talent. Matt Grothe was awesome, but Blackwell brought a different element to the table. They are both winners... just my humble opinion. Marquel's streak of passes without an INT tells you how accurate he was. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

He also played against lesser competition than any QB that followed...

He also played with lesser overall talent than any qb that followed. That's the equalizer ...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

He was probably the best QB we've had here in school history.  Always made great decisions in the pocket and really was exciting to watch.

My first year at USF was his last year here in 2002.  Since then I think he played with the NY Jets for a few seasons and coached some HS Football here in the Tampa area.

I'm sure someone else will have more to add but he was a class act and can only help our football team.

Blackwell's stats for his 1 season in the NFL are all goose eggs...he was cut after the 3rd preseason game.

His "class act" didn't carry over to his HS coaching days. He was canned from his HS coaching job at Freedom HS after he was arrested for DUI. He had previously received a letter of reprimand for a verbal confrontation with another teacher in the front of students.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/breaking-news-sports/2009/jan/12/freedom-high-removes-blackwell-coaching-post-ar-105003/

Edited by mviusa

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Blackwell's stats for his 1 season in the NFL are all goose eggs...he was cut after the 3rd preseason game.

His "class act" didn't carry over to his HS coaching days. He was canned from his HS coaching job at Freedom HS after he was arrested for DUI. He had previously received a letter of reprimand for a verbal confrontation with another teacher in the front of students.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/breaking-news-sports/2009/jan/12/freedom-high-removes-blackwell-coaching-post-ar-105003/

When asked for his driver license, he held out a blue Visa card.

lol...