• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Davis has a long way to go before he is a top receiver. He had a couple of decent games. There is potential.

Being a good receiver means performing at a high level consistently throughout the entire season. Not just an amazing catch once in a while.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I  said yesterday, he has to be looking at this receiving corps and drooling. Dre is almost certainly gone after this year

Based on what exactly? Dude will have to double his yardage from last year to even be appealing as a junior. He was taken out of games after Nevada. If someone doesn't step up opposite of him, he's not breaking 1000 yards and not going anywhere.

Well, let's see. Kavon had 0 interceptions last year and he went in the 3rd round. NFL scouting looks past collegiate stats because they they can be hugely misleading. I look at Davis and see a prototypical NFL WR. He's gone no matter what the stats say. His problem last year wasn't his performance, it was the frustration with not getting the ball to him. I WANT a kid like that on my team.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Clint Trickett thanks Andre Davis for Visit..

https://twitter.com/ClintTrickett9

I like it! --He didn't write anything about anybody from WVU or Auburn.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I hope Andre and Clint have bonded to form a throw and catch team at USF

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

I hope Andre and Clint have bonded to form a throw and catch team at USF

Go Bulls

Let's make sure he signs here first lol

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I said yesterday, he has to be looking at this receiving corps and drooling. Dre is almost certainly gone after this year

Based on what exactly? Dude will have to double his yardage from last year to even be appealing as a junior. He was taken out of games after Nevada. If someone doesn't step up opposite of him, he's not breaking 1000 yards and not going anywhere.

Well, let's see. Kavon had 0 interceptions last year and he went in the 3rd round. NFL scouting looks past collegiate stats because they they can be hugely misleading. I look at Davis and see a prototypical NFL WR. He's gone no matter what the stats say. His problem last year wasn't his performance, it was the frustration with not getting the ball to him. I WANT a kid like that on my team.
He will need to be productive to want to come out as a junior. They are not going to draft an unproductive jr.

Our receiving corp has been full of good athletes that have never really been good receivers for years.

Mitchell was about the best. He came out after his junior year and has been a complete bust. He overestimated his draft status and has gone down hill from then on.

The most complete and consistent receiver we ever had was Hester. Such a shame he was hurt.

Webster is a bad comparison. He was a senior.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Davis has a long way to go before he is a top receiver. He had a couple of decent games. There is potential.

Being a good receiver means performing at a high level consistently throughout the entire season. Not just an amazing catch once in a while.

He can only catch the ball, he can't throw it to himself.

Sounds vaguely familiar, only reversed:

gisele-bundchen-victoria-secret.jpg

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Interesting side note...Clint's brother a coach is in Tampa..

https://twitter.com/CoachTTrickett

this says he is in Brimingham

He says he's in the Tampa area for recruiting currently

I just brought this up because I thought it was interesting.....I would have assumed the two brothers have met and had a chance to talk... he might be doing some negociating for his brother also...

From earlier tweet he should of arrived in Tampa about 7-8 AM.. checking into hotel at 3 pm...lots of time to meet with his brother...

Negotiating? Like what? "My brother will only come to USF if you agree to give him a full scholarship." Man, that older Trickett plays some hardball.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Andre doesn't have far to go at all. He'll get drafted write it down just think he will be a senior before that happens.