• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Has Willie T reeled this guy in yet?

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting side note...Clint's brother a coach is in Tampa..

https://twitter.com/CoachTTrickett

this says he is in Brimingham
He says he's in the Tampa area for recruiting currently
I just brought this up because I thought it was interesting.....I would have assumed the two brothers have met and had a chance to talk... he might be doing some negociating for his brother also...

From earlier tweet he should of arrived in Tampa about 7-8 AM.. checking into hotel at 3 pm...lots of time to meet with his brother...

Negotiating? Like what? "My brother will only come to USF if you agree to give him a full scholarship." Man, that older Trickett plays some hardball.

This is Travis Trickett's start at coaching  . Travis  might  be talkin/negociating the same deal  on Clints behalf...maybe not  just find it interesting they are both here at the same time...coincedence????

Electing to enroll in college at West Virginia University in nearby Morgantown, a freshman Travis Trickett walked into then Mountaineer head coach Rich Rodriguez’s office to ask him for an opportunity to become a student assistant with the football program

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SoCon/view/the-rise-of-travis-trickett

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I believe he has the potential to be drafted. He just needs to show some productivity. The reality is he has been minimally productive.

He had 534 receiving yards. About 40% of that came in one game. 20 % of his entire year came on 2 passes.

Hopefully he flourishes in the new system.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I believe he has the potential to be drafted. He just needs to show some productivity. The reality is he has been minimally productive.

He had 534 receiving yards. About 40% of that came in one game. 20 % of his entire year came on 2 passes.

Hopefully he flourishes in the new system.

Quit making sense.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Gotta look at three reasons why he wasn't productive after the first few games:

1) Teams immediately started double/tripling their coverage against him.

2) BJ couldn't throw him open deep, and I don't think we really used him enough close range

3) Once BJ was injured, nobody really gained any yards anyway.

'Spose you also have to consider that teams began to be very good at guessing when we would be throwing the football (i.e after the running game left us with 3rd and 12 or a penalty put us back to 2nd and 18 and then 3rd and 12-15) and would put the proper schemes and packages in for us.

Then you have to look at how many  screens we ran last year.

----------------------

e: I dunno how much of this is "free" knowledge, but apparently we should expect an answer no later than 10-14 days. If saying this isn't 'okay', mods just remove this edit.

I'd have to imagine Trickett would want time to finish up his school career at FSU and to graduate and enjoy the moment. If anything make a decision and announce it once he walks across the stage or, perhaps right before. That's just my hypothesis.

As to when he makes his decision? It is mostly thought he'll probably sit down and talk with his folks some about it to make sure he makes the right decision. I figure he'll make up his mind in a few days. If he tells anyone between then and when he announces, that's another story.

Edited by Breedwell
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

With William Crest committing at WVU, I would imagine that they are out of the Trickett sweepstakes entirely. Not coincidental that he committed last Friday either. WVU must have been convinced CT wasn't coming and accepted the commit. They already had 2 princes in waiting , adding a 3rd during his visit really couldn't have enhanced their chances. Auburn doesn't really believe that they have a shot. This one is going to go our direction. Better get prepped for the Clint Trickett era at USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Gotta look at three reasons why he wasn't productive after the first few games:

1) Teams immediately started double/tripling their coverage against him.

2) BJ couldn't throw him open deep, and I don't think we really used him enough close range

3) Once BJ was injured, nobody really gained any yards anyway.

'Spose you also have to consider that teams began to be very good at guessing when we would be throwing the football (i.e after the running game left us with 3rd and 12 or a penalty put us back to 2nd and 18 and then 3rd and 12-15) and would put the proper schemes and packages in for us.

Then you have to look at how many  screens we ran last year.

----------------------

e: I dunno how much of this is "free" knowledge, but apparently we should expect an answer no later than 10-14 days. If saying this isn't 'okay', mods just remove this edit.

I'd have to imagine Trickett would want time to finish up his school career at FSU and to graduate and enjoy the moment. If anything make a decision and announce it once he walks across the stage or, perhaps right before. That's just my hypothesis.

As to when he makes his decision? It is mostly thought he'll probably sit down and talk with his folks some about it to make sure he makes the right decision. I figure he'll make up his mind in a few days. If he tells anyone between then and when he announces, that's another story.

**** Breedwell. Well thought out and delivered. Beware the onslaught. CT grads next Sat. I'm sure he'll want to announce and get details settled soon after if not even before. He must already be tired of the "scoopers" blowing up his phone.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

maybe they were just talking about ducks???

Remember our last QB who was a hunter?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Freakshow has been incredibly inconsistent.  The "reason" he disappeared last year is because he started taking plays off when the season started heading downhill.  I can remember plays in every game that he was running lazy routes, and/or passes came his way and he gave a half hearted effort.  When he learns to play with passion every play, every game, then he might be ready for the NFL.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

maybe they were just talking about ducks???

Remember our last QB who was a hunter?

He was pretty good. Holds some conference records.

They should have him do some recruiting and some hunting together. I think they also share the same desire to go into the coaching profession.