• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I've heard of lots of people leaving West Virginia to come to Florida, but I don't know too many people who have left the Sunshine State for West Virginia.  It gets pretty cold up there wintertime, and I don't think there are very many beaches up there either. 

USF would be a good landing spot for Clint...excellent academics, fun in the sun, a head football coach who understands the QB position and who can help Clint be his best.

You're kidding, right? This is just the 2012 team

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/roster/_/id/277/west-virginia-mountaineers

NO | NAME | POS | CLASS | HOMETOWN

2 | Travares Copeland | WR | FR | PORT SAINT LUCIE, FL

3 | Stedman Bailey | WR | JR | MIRAMAR, FL

3 | Vernon Davis | CB | FR | MIAMI, FL

5 | Ivan McCartney | WR | JR | MIAMI, FL

8 | Karl Joseph | S | FR | ORLANDO, FL

9 | K.J. Dillon | S | FR | APOPKA, FL

11 | Sean Walters | LB | FR | HALLANDALE, FL

12 | Geno Smith | QB | SR | MIAMI, FL

13 | Andrew Buie | RB | SO | JACKSONVILLE, FL

15 | Dante Campbell | WR | FR | CLERMONT, FL

15 | Ricky Rumph | CB | FR | DAYTONA BEACH, FL

18 | Terrence Gourdine | WR | SO | MIAMI, FL

19 | KJ Myers | WR | FR | JACKSONVILLE, FL

23 | Brodrick Jenkins | CB | JR | FORT MYERS, FL

26 | Travis Bell | S | JR | BELLE GLADE, FL

28 | D'Vontis Arnold | RB | FR | MIRAMAR, FL

31 | Isaiah Bruce | LB | FR | JACKSONVILLE, FL

45 | Eric Kinsey | DL | FR | MIAMI, FL

46 | Matt Moro | S | SR | MIAMI, FL

73 | Russell Haughton-James | OL | FR | PLANTATION, FL

78 | Marquis Lucas | OL | FR | MIAMI, FL

81 | J.D. Woods | WR | SR | NAPLES, FL

82 | Devonte Mathis | WR | FR | HOLLYWOOD, FL

85 | Devonte Robinson | WR | FR | DELRAY BEACH, FL

86 | Jerry Cooper | LS | SO | NORTH PORT, FL

94 | Imarjaye Albury | DL | FR | MIAMI, FL

96 | Korey Harris | DL | FR | SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL

99 | Jorge Wright | DT | SR | MIAMI, FL

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Is there a time frame for his decision?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I've heard of lots of people leaving West Virginia to come to Florida, but I don't know too many people who have left the Sunshine State for West Virginia. It gets pretty cold up there wintertime, and I don't think there are very many beaches up there either.

USF would be a good landing spot for Clint...excellent academics, fun in the sun, a head football coach who understands the QB position and who can help Clint be his best.

I wouldn't exactly call Tallahassee a tropical paradise either.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Here are a couple of fun throws from his Spring Game a couple of days ago. Overall I'm not sure I'd call his Spring Game a stellar outing. He had a bad throw that turned into a pick. Had a touchdown. Some other throws I thought he was a little late in his decision making. Then again other times he was spot on. Accuracy was a little high at times, spot on at other times. Some throws classify as "can't go broke taking a profit" while others were a little more aggressive. Thought he particularly excelled at moving the chains on 3rd down. Seemed like he just had a better familiarity with the guys on the Gold team as opposed to the Garnet team. Just knew what to expect from them, knew their strengths and weaknesses.

But he belted out another one of those super-bombs in this game. This one about 59 yards through the air. Again, that's just a RARE distance, even at the NFL level. I know because I've tracked so many throws this way. The one I brought up before was 61 or 62 yard rolling left and throwing right which is just stupefying but this 59 yarder from in the pocket is in its own way just as weird. It's just not done.

Then he caps off the drive with a great touchdown throw. He pre-snap reads the blitz and sees the man coverage, so he adjusts the play and throws a nice touchdown to his big 6'5" and 240 lbs beast of a wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin. I mean, you've got straight man coverage with no deep help on a beast like Kelvin Benjamin, you take that. Pretty spiral too, if you watch the replay.

Had another pretty big throw to the 6'5" beast here. Although I think the Garnet team would try and argue this a sack. I mean seriously look at the spiral on the replay, look at the placement of the ball. This is about a 40 yard throw. Fun fun fun.

Overall a decent day...led a touchdown drive and two field goal drives including a drive at the end of the first half that started with only 25 seconds on the clock.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

If trickett, who has been in the FSU system for 3 years, cannot win an "open" QB competition with another QB that has not even played.......

Then I say that USF should say NO!

Just put Floyd in the "Pistol".......

How many snaos did Kapernick take under center at Nevada? Just sayin

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If trickett, who has been in the FSU system for 3 years, cannot win an "open" QB competition with another QB that has not even played.......

Do a little more research on the guy who beat him out then try to make the same argument.

Wasn't Floyd in the "Pistol" last year as well?  Because when he was, he was just a mediocre QB.  When he wasn't, he was an embarassment.

You're seriously gonna compare Kaepernick to Floyd?  Just sayin

Edited by feardabull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

As soon as Floyd can run the ball even a tenth as well as Kapernick, it will be a decent idea.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Willie better stop brushing his teeth ...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Id say USF is as good or better for Trickett than WVU.  We offer a chance to play in a great stadium(home to superbowls and one of the best stadiums in the country)  a chance for a new coach who has brought fans back, The Bus is taking steam. He could be part of the NEW BEGINING that is USF FOOTBALL WINNING CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.  Trickett could basically walk in and prob start immediatly if he shows he has a pulse and any skill at all. He wouldnt have to worry about competition because the back up QB's are not that good, not hating on EVELD or Floyd but they are not better than Trickett. 

He would also become a USF God if he happened to play, and we actually won the Conference Championship this season. (We have a much better shot at winning the BE than WVU has winning the Big 12 with Texas and Oklahoma).  If we did win the conference we would also be BCS bowling which would be huge(the conf dosent  lose the AQ status until next year than we become part of the" Best of the rest slot")

SOS is pretty good this year as well, He would have a chance to Beat Miami, (who from FLA wouldnt want to do that), play at Michigan State, Ranked Louisville and the rest. Not sure WVU's schedule is appealing OOC or favorable in the conference as ours for winning.

He could visit family, friends  often, on the bye weeks, they would also have more of an opportunity to see him play here in person than in WV.

The weather is great as well, he could play in the comfy temps of Tampa as opposed to playing in Morgantown.

The exposure is about the same, In spite of how poorly we have done the last few seasons, we still have several National Televised games, so he would be seen and have a chance to shine.

He has a chance to be something special and be apart of something special.  Look at all the First things he could accomplish by coming here and actually winning.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

FWIW, people on the FSU boards are saying it's WVU... Saying his dad is pushing for him to go, and some hope his father goes with him to WVU as well...

Who knows, but people at FSU think 80 WVU 20 Somebody else...

time will tell...

Go Bulls!