• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryeshene Bronson (WR)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

The State of Florida requires 2 years of a foreign language. It's not just USF.

Correct.

As an alternative, you can take 2 years of a foreign language in High School, which will count.

Or take a CLAST exam for the credit (for example: if you are a fluent speaker, and didn't want to take the HS class.)es

That's not true. I took 3 years of spanish in high school and I still had to take 2 years of spanish in college. You can test out of taking it in college

My son, who is entering USF in the fall, has completed his foreign language requirement from his high school classes.

i think it just depends on the degree you're going for. I took two yrs in high school and never had to test for it or take it in college .

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone has to have foreign language for acceptance. U do not have to take it in college if u are receiving a BS. The trade off college algebra

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

Ah I forgot it depends on your degree. I had to do 2 more years for my degree

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Greg Auman â€@gregauman 8m

That retweet is consensus 4-star Fort Myers WR Ryeshene Bronson, former Gators commitment, who will visit USF and Alabama next week.

Ryeshene Bronson â€@RyesheneB 18m

Usf and Alabama where I will be July 14 bama 17 usf any interviews I'll be doing them#247

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I think Alabama has leg up on us.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336

Any reason? Or just generally speaking?

Just generally speaking.   But, you never know, he could come to USF and love it.   More pressure at Alabama and upside...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042

Its almost impossible to compete with bama, but there's some hope since he's coming here after the bama visit. That'll give taggs a chance to close the deal.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

Alabama already has a 4* WR, and he had USF as a top 3 after de-committing from Florida. I like our chances...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Any reason? Or just generally speaking?

Just generally speaking.   But, you never know, he could come to USF and love it.   More pressure at Alabama and upside...

I think if Alabama is putting on a full court press and saying he's going to be a starter eventually there, then yeah...tough to compete with the champs. But when you find USF competing seriously with Alabama over a guy it's usually because for Alabama the guy would be an afterthought (and they're making him feel like that) whereas USF is making him feel like he's a key part of their plans for the future. That's what happened with Litton.

And besides, Ryeshene de-committed from Florida in part because it looked like grades were going to be an issue. Hard to imagine that being any less of an issue for Ryeshene at Alabama. The Crimson Tide have lost players to South Florida before, and Nick Saban has come away complaining about different academic standards causing that to happen (Mike Ford comes to mind).