• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Update on the QB situation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why shouldn't Carlton Hill count?

And I'll eat my Bulls tshirt if White starts this coming season.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

He never really played QB, or at all for that matter.

And I'll prep a plate for you.  Eveld has shown to be unable to take a hit, and God knows about Floyd. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And I'll prep a plate for you.  Eveld has shown to be unable to take a hit, and God knows about Floyd. 

Carlton Hill only played QB.  He was our most highly touted QB recruit ever.  You want to pretend he never existed because he washed out?  

True freshmen don't come in and start at this level unless they are really, really, really good.  And White isn't that good.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

White will be a great USF QB, if he comes in and makes that happen....,

Who plays next year? I'm saying Eveld...

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think CWT and the staff really want Woulard. They sure haven't been chasing him around. I like it. If the coaches think his skills (or even attitude) doesn't fit the system, let him go somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

Hearing from what people saw last year in practice, Eveld is noticeably better than Floyd. So I fully expect him to et the nod next season.

This is me going by what we have, Eveld(x2), Floyd, White and Miller. Not any potential transfers.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

Carlton Hill only played QB.  He was our most highly touted QB recruit ever.  You want to pretend he never existed because he washed out?  

True freshmen don't come in and start at this level unless they are really, really, really good.  And White isn't that good.  

Like when he played WR in the Penn State, FAMU, and UCF Game.... You call your self a Bulls Fan.  White is the Next Severino

Edited by Whyyyyyyy?

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

I agree with the ones saying Eveld is the starter.  But I'm also gonna say that White is an injury away from being the guy.  I think he beats Floyd out.  JMHO

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Philip Ely has been rumored, but like with Antonio Andrews, there won't be significant news right away.  As for current commits/prospects, you can forget about Woulard.  You won't even see our hat on the table when he makes his choice.  I actually can't wait to see him put a hat up that he doesn't even have an offer from (Clemson or Kentucky).  But Mike White is very solid and has pretty much told the schools that were tardy to the party "thanks, but no thanks."  All of the members here and elsewhere who gave Taggart crap about taking this kid are certainly eating crow as the recruiting sites have finally evaluated his tape and given him their rankings.  And correct me if I am wrong, but I believe White is now the highest rated QB recruit to ever come to USF, not counting Carlton Hill, who shouldn't count anyway.  I think Rivals and Scout are the only sites that may have had BJ Daniels higher.  Bottom line is that Taggart knew who he was getting in Mike White, and that is a kid who could very well beat out the other two qbs on the roster THIS SEASON!  Only difference now is that the entire recruiting nation has taken notice.

We will be going into the season with 3 scholarship QBs and the starting gig is WIDE-AZZ open.  Don't be shocked to see Mike White starting by conference play if not day one.

Only way Mike White would be starting day one is if he was an early enrollee and already on campus. Starting during the summer, I don't see any way he starts day one.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

White has a stronger arm and is more accurate than Bobby. There's a reason his team won state, the kid does not throw INTs. It will be nice to have an actual QB in there next year. I expect Mike White to be starter by the second half of the season.