• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I want Marquel Blackwell on our staff. period

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I don't want MB on staff cuz he's MB.

If he brings something we lack to the table then Willie should add him... If not then....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I thought at the end of his career Grothe said he wanted to get into coaching.Weeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllll. I can imagine that in the Bay Area, having the Big East's all time total purpose yards record holder on your staff might be good for recruiting.

Too "high maintenance".

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

guy is clearly not a good coach and has had off the field problems as well as said per another thread. This is a bad idea. We do not need nepitism.

Off the field issue has nothing to do with him, not being added to the staff. Skip brought him in and Taggert, as aGA WKU, marquel aided in the development of the running backs. I know for a fact that blackwell landed 3 recruits, for WKU, last year and had 2 committs for this year. Taggert used him with a promise that he would bring him back. But for what ever reason Taggert hasn't hired is a suprise, he is very capable of coaching at this level. I would like to hear Taggert excuse.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Beta, you should go down to the athletic office and demand that he be hired ... that might do the trick. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I could give a flip what you want. I would hope Coach T feels the same as I. 

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Love, may be a many splendored thing, but it's not so mui bueno when it comes to football.

OTF issues do matter. Wanna see the headline in the Trib "USF Coach [insert misdemeanor or felony description here]".

Didn't MB get canned from Freedom High? Well, I'm all for second chances...just not in my neighborhood.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Beta, you should go down to the athletic office and demand that he be hired ... that might do the trick. 

And take fireJoseFernandez along for support!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651

I wouldn't be so worried about whether kids know the name of any alumni on staff..... Its about those guys (Scott, and hopefully MB) giving CWT a little insight to what made our program rise so quickly, and bringing that back, since we clearly lost it with Holtz. I hope that we (former football players) end up having a better relationship with this coaching staff than the last one.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

guy is clearly not a good coach and has had off the field problems as well as said per another thread. This is a bad idea. We do not need nepitism.

Off the field issue has nothing to do with him, not being added to the staff. Skip brought him in and Taggert, as aGA WKU, marquel aided in the development of the running backs. I know for a fact that blackwell landed 3 recruits, for WKU, last year and had 2 committs for this year. Taggert used him with a promise that he would bring him back. But for what ever reason Taggert hasn't hired is a suprise, he is very capable of coaching at this level. I would like to hear Taggert excuse.

Skip didn't bring him in, Leavitt did.  Skip let him go!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Didnt QB position coach open back up as Weiner stayed at Plant?