• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Official: Chuck Bresnahan, Oakland Raiders DC in 2011, named USF's DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure why so many people are upset with this hire. We just hired a guy with a ton of experience, was part of national championship staff, lead an NFL team to the playoffs as DC 4 times, and has coached future hall of famers. USF is a young program, not in a major conference, has never won a conference championship, and I'm assuming had a budget of around $300,000. Not sure what some were expecting from our DC hire.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here is the connection.

Jim Harbaugh was the QB Coach of the Raiders in 2003.  Bresnehan was the D Coordinator of the Raiders in 2003. 

I guarantee you that Jim Harbaugh helped Willie Taggart a lot of help with this hire.

The 2 guys who were offered the job are both connected to Harbaugh.

I agree. I'd rather have someone who has already coached at the highest levels, than some position coach who is untested as a DC.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'm not sure why so many people are upset with this hire. We just hired a guy with a ton of experience, was part of national championship staff, lead an NFL team to the playoffs as DC 4 times, and has coached future hall of famers. USF is a young program, not in a major conference, has never won a conference championship, and I'm assuming had a budget of around $300,000. Not sure what some were expecting from our DC hire.

THIS

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Here is the connection.

Jim Harbaugh was the QB Coach of the Raiders in 2003.  Bresnehan was the D Coordinator of the Raiders in 2003. 

I guarantee you that Jim Harbaugh helped Willie Taggart a lot of help with this hire.

The 2 guys who were offered the job are both connected to Harbaugh.

I agree. I'd rather have someone who has already coached at the highest levels, than some position coach who is untested as a DC.

agreed. we needed  a guy with experience on this side of the ball. I' m sure he came with a recommendation from Harbaugh.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

THIS

+100

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1) Get him signed and on the staff page at GoUSFBulls.com before we get all analytical about this hire.

2) This hire probably came recommended. Fine. I'm down with that.

3) He's got lots of experience, even NFL experience.

4) He's not 98 years old and worn out. (My apologies to those who are 98 years old on this board!)

5) There are worse people and better people out there. But who are we to complain? --Remember last year's defense?

:GoBulls::icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

DC for Oakland in 2011. Was he out of football in 2012?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Disgusting that that douchebag still has a source within USF ....

True

Part of the deal.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Someone with no recruiting experience

Zero ties to Florida hs Football

Reading his resume is like reading Cosh's (Coached at a bunch of different places but unimpressive results at all of them)

I don't get it.

Edited by zarnozdabull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Kind of looks like Barney Rubble.