• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Say, who was our best 3-point shooter ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

And they used actual pig bladders, right?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I seem to remember Reggie Kohn hitting some ridiculous 3's in his time.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Janae Stokes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Janae Stokes

How many did she hit? What was her %?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Reggie Kohn "Head"......

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Janae Stokes

Janae Stokes Bio       Courtesy: USF

Release: 09/11/2008

Signed with the Bulls in May of 2008 ... Came to USF highly touted, ranked No. 15 nationally and No. 3 among all guards in the JUCO ranks by Collegiate Girls Basketball Report ... Can really score, is able to shoot the ball extremely well and with consistency.

2008-09 (Junior)

Proved to be one of the most dangerous offensive weapons in women's basketball last season ... Was second on the team in scoring, in her first season at USF, averaging 12.8 points per game and second in assists dishing out 1.5 per contest ... She shot 40.3 percent (153-380), however also shot an impressive 39.7 percent (116-292) from behind the three-point arc ... She led the BIG EAST Conference - and was third in the nation - in three-point field goals made per game averaging 3.2 ... Had a major part in the Bulls' Women's National Invitation Tournament title run shooting 41.4 percent (9-17) from three-point range in the five games, however 52.9 percent (9-17) in the final three games of the tournament ... Her 116 treys made was also the most made in Division I during the 2008-09 campaign and is the sixth most all-time in Division I in a single season ... Stokes hit better than four three-point shots in a game 14 times this season, and when doing so the Bulls posted an impressive 11-3 record ... Her most memorable game this season came against Grambling (12/18/08) when she hit 11-of-14 shots from behind the arc en route to a career-high 39-point outing ... Her 11 three's made against the Tigers were the most made in the nation during 2008-09 and a new school record ... In addition, her 11 made ended the season tied for the sixth most made in a game in NCAA history - Division I, II, or III - and Stokes is one of only six players in Division I history to accomplish the feat ... She was one trey shy of tying Cornelia Gayden of LSU who hit 12 in a game on Feb. 9, 1995 - the most in Division I history ... In addition to her 39 points against Grambling, Stokes poured in 20 or more points in seven other games, including 22 points at Syracuse (2/8/09) and at Boston College (4/1/09) in the WNIT semifinals ... Also recorded career highs of seven rebounds and six assists against the Orange ... Was a key factor in the Bulls' win at Rutgers netting 20 points on 7-14 (50 percent) shooting from the field and a blistering 6-10 (60 percent) from behind the three-point arc ... Established a career-high four steals in her collegiate debut against Central Connecticut (11/15/08) to go along with 20 points.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Janae Stokes

Janae Stokes Bio       Courtesy: USF

Release: 09/11/2008

Signed with the Bulls in May of 2008 ... Came to USF highly touted, ranked No. 15 nationally and No. 3 among all guards in the JUCO ranks by Collegiate Girls Basketball Report ... Can really score, is able to shoot the ball extremely well and with consistency.

2008-09 (Junior)

Proved to be one of the most dangerous offensive weapons in women's basketball last season ... Was second on the team in scoring, in her first season at USF, averaging 12.8 points per game and second in assists dishing out 1.5 per contest ... She shot 40.3 percent (153-380), however also shot an impressive 39.7 percent (116-292) from behind the three-point arc ... She led the BIG EAST Conference - and was third in the nation - in three-point field goals made per game averaging 3.2 ... Had a major part in the Bulls' Women's National Invitation Tournament title run shooting 41.4 percent (9-17) from three-point range in the five games, however 52.9 percent (9-17) in the final three games of the tournament ... Her 116 treys made was also the most made in Division I during the 2008-09 campaign and is the sixth most all-time in Division I in a single season ... Stokes hit better than four three-point shots in a game 14 times this season, and when doing so the Bulls posted an impressive 11-3 record ... Her most memorable game this season came against Grambling (12/18/08) when she hit 11-of-14 shots from behind the arc en route to a career-high 39-point outing ... Her 11 three's made against the Tigers were the most made in the nation during 2008-09 and a new school record ... In addition, her 11 made ended the season tied for the sixth most made in a game in NCAA history - Division I, II, or III - and Stokes is one of only six players in Division I history to accomplish the feat ... She was one trey shy of tying Cornelia Gayden of LSU who hit 12 in a game on Feb. 9, 1995 - the most in Division I history ... In addition to her 39 points against Grambling, Stokes poured in 20 or more points in seven other games, including 22 points at Syracuse (2/8/09) and at Boston College (4/1/09) in the WNIT semifinals ... Also recorded career highs of seven rebounds and six assists against the Orange ... Was a key factor in the Bulls' win at Rutgers netting 20 points on 7-14 (50 percent) shooting from the field and a blistering 6-10 (60 percent) from behind the three-point arc ... Established a career-high four steals in her collegiate debut against Central Connecticut (11/15/08) to go along with 20 points.

She only played one year? ..... but if her other year was like the first one, she would definitely be in consdieration forthe best.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Reggie Kohn would be 3 ft behind the arc....Charlie Bradley would be 5 ft behind Kohn.  That dude would launch anywhere over the halfcourt stripe and was as pure of a shooter as we've ever had.  I think Derrick Sharp would be second on my list.  Kohn probably third.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I've watched USF hoops since the late 80's and as Bulliever said, there have been many good 3 pt shooters, but needing one shot, I would give it to Dobras.   Always a clutch player.  Over the last 25 years, I would rank them:

1. Dobras

2. Kohn

3. Atkins