• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How long before USF fires Stan Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I like heath. Was against his firing. Not sure I want him fired now.

But can anyone tell us the offensive philosophy? Yes we cannot shoot. But he recruited this whole team. If there are no shooters it's on stan.

Even then you could compensate for the shooting with movement and penetration. But all we do is either 1-on-1 or pass the ball around the perimeter and hope something opens up. Not much screening, cutting or anything but stagnant offensive basketball.

The above has been the case for years with coach heath but at least we played defense. Our perimeter defense has been atrocious this year.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Let his contract expire. If the team is bad then, don't renew.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Let his contract expire. If the team is bad then, don't renew.

If he doesn't show marked improvement the remainder of the year, The attendance will tank next year. The 3,000 we draw now will be more like 2,000 to 1500 next season. The cpl hundred students that continue to show  up now will be more like the Women's games attendance.   

Waiting to 2018 could Kill off the attendance Big time (See football attendance from keeping Skippy too long and having a disastrous season last year under Taggard's first year).  Bet we will be lucky to draw 20,000 to 30,000 at most this year on average for games even if we start winning again.(that's with UCif bringing bus loads of their fans to town)

Tampa fans unfort are VERY FAIR WEATHER type fans,  Not just with USF but with the Bucs, Rays, Lightning as well. Tampa seems to only support winners.  Too many other things to do and spend money on other than watching a team lose over and over again. 

Stan should be on the Hot seat and fired if he doesn't split (win half of the remaining games on the schedule) this year.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

This season would have been so much different if AC had played.  This talk is insane

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I really think Stan is trying and I'm not sure he knowingly committed an NCAA violation (if there is even one).  I do question his coaching effectiveness and the ability to develop his players. 

I agree.  After all it has been 7 or so years.  I think he finally has the recruiting class to build something on, needs a few more of those.  But I'm hoping we see it converted to smarter on court play and decisions.  We also need to play with a little more desire to win.  We get out hustled too much.  That's not a good sign.

Imo it's best for the program if Stan is fired at the end of the season IF they fail to make the NIT. My reason for this has nothing to do with any supposedly recruiting violation. My reason is recruiting and the 2015 class to be more specific. Don't know how the season will play out, but just say it continues on it's downward path. Now we have a Head Coach in Heath that has to fill at the minimal 5 scholarships with talented players in a loaded Florida class, coming off another losing season, a history of being a loser, and without a doubt entering the 2014-2015 season as the poster child of a head coach on the Hot Seat.

It's going to be hard for Stan Heath(a good recruiter) to legally land a talented class, one in which USF must have in order to build and compete at a higher level. The next fear is he will then be let go at the end of the 2014-15 season with a roster of lesser talent which will only handicap the next head coach from getting off to a good start in his campaign, because of a year to late scenario. Another fear is that Stan actually does turn things around next season and gets to stay another year, but because he couldn't recruit a talented 2015 class USF is going to be right back in the never ending cycle of losing and hoping for a turnaround in 2 or 3 seasons. It's a terrible cycle that can continue to repeat itself if a program hangs on to a Head Coach to long.

That last scenario is the worse and to avoid it, Heath either needs to have a turnaround this season to have a chance to land more talent, or he needs to be removed at the end of the season to give the next HC a chance to recruit the 2015 class with all those scholarships.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Hard to have a turnaround with no point guard

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

or shooting guard

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I really think Stan is trying and I'm not sure he knowingly committed an NCAA violation (if there is even one).  I do question his coaching effectiveness and the ability to develop his players. 

I agree.  After all it has been 7 or so years.  I think he finally has the recruiting class to build something on, needs a few more of those.  But I'm hoping we see it converted to smarter on court play and decisions.  We also need to play with a little more desire to win.  We get out hustled too much.  That's not a good sign.

Imo it's best for the program if Stan is fired at the end of the season IF they fail to make the NIT. 

Stopped reading right there. That ain't happening ....

Edit: Unless the new AD was terrorized as a child by a bald Black man like Vega was ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think the problem is his offensive philosophy.

I think I'd rather run an uptempo and lose than a slowdown and win.

Of course, what I really want is an uptempo and win.

But the uptempo will draw recruits and fans - NOBODY wants to play or watch paint dry.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Imo it's best for the program if Stan is fired at the end of the season IF they fail to make the NIT. 

Stopped reading right there. That ain't happening ....

Edit: Unless the new AD was terrorized as a child by a bald Black man like Vega was ...

I'm in the Heath camp, and while it is likely he would be retained by a new AD, his body of work wouldn't keep him employed at many schools.

It's got nothing to do with your comment re:Vega which I hope is tongue in cheek.