• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt/Holtz/Taggart

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt - JOB 1 - Win the Conference - FAIL.

Holtz - JOB 1 - Win the Conference - FAIL.

Taggart-JOB 1 -Win the Conference - ???

Taggart-JOB 1 -Win the Conference - ??? **** Of course now it's also a completely different conference. 3 years ago, Tulane, Temple, E carolina, etc, would have been considered tune up games. Now, they are conference foes, meaning they can beat us! Quite a few steps backwards has this once skyrocketing program taken.

There's never been a point in our history where 1A games like that would have, realistically, been considered tune up games ...

I respectfully disagree. A few years ago, we would've been pretty heavily favored against any of those teams. This year AND MAYBE next and beyond, not so much.

But I'm glad you guys are happy about the direction of the program. At least someone will be in the seats at RayJay.

Edited by Sitting_BULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart-JOB 1 -Win the Conference - ??? **** Of course now it's also a completely different conference. 3 years ago, Tulane, Temple, E carolina, etc, would have been considered tune up games. Now, they are conference foes, meaning they can beat us! Quite a few steps backwards has this once skyrocketing program taken.

There's never been a point in our history where 1A games like that would have, realistically, been considered tune up games ...

I respectfully disagree. A few years ago, we would've been pretty heavily favored against any of those teams. This year AND MAYBE next and beyond, not so much.

But I'm glad you guys are happy about the direction of the program. At least someone will be in the seats at RayJay.

+1

We recently lost our first game against a non-BCS opponent since joining the Big East.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176

Sometimes you have to take a few steps back before you can take a leap forward.

Let's not forget that Leavitt couldn't win a championship at the lower levels either, so I'm not sure what world you live in where those teams would ever be tune up games.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

CoachingSearch <free> has posted it's best 12 football decisions in 2012. #1 was Elway signing Manning. #12 In Lexington, Willie Taggart dials a throwback to beat Kentucky: Taggart lived large by dialing up a throwback to the quarterback scheme on a 2-point conversion attempt. His players executed the play and Western Kentucky defeated Kentucky 32-31 in overtime.

I thought this might be a good insight into the land of Coach T football. Got my fingers crossed for next season.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Glad he has the cojones to go for the win at times like that. Total opposite of kick-the-field-goal Holtz.

Sometimes you have to take a few steps back before you can take a leap forward.

Let's not forget that Leavitt couldn't win a championship at the lower levels either, so I'm not sure what world you live in where those teams would ever be tune up games.

That's a cute saying, but that's all it is. Also, Leavitt never had time to win championships at the lower levels because he got upgraded every few years! Not to mention, most of his tenure took place in trailers!

CoachingSearch <free> has posted it's best 12 football decisions in 2012. #1 was Elway signing Manning. #12 In Lexington, Willie Taggart dials a throwback to beat Kentucky: Taggart lived large by dialing up a throwback to the quarterback scheme on a 2-point conversion attempt. His players executed the play and Western Kentucky defeated Kentucky 32-31 in overtime.

I thought this might be a good insight into the land of Coach T football. Got my fingers crossed for next season.

Big deal. We gave Ky a tough game when we were still 1-AA. It's Ky for christ sake!

You guys don't seem to understand, we live in a community that started to become accustomed to us beating #5 WVa, #9 Louisville, #17 Auburn, #23 Fl State. How many of them do you think will flock to rayjay to watch us play Tulane & Temple?

Edited by Sitting_BULL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

You guys don't seem to understand, we live in a community that started to become accustomed to us beating #5 WVa, #9 Louisville, #17 Auburn, #23 Fl State. How many of them do you think will flock to rayjay to watch us play Tulane & Temple?

And by the end of 2007 the stands were mostly empty. Unless this teams wins 10 games a year the fans aren't coming. I don't think it matters who we beat. If we are 9 - 1 going into the last games of the year the stands will be much fuller.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

+1

We recently lost our first game against a non-BCS opponent since joining the Big East.

+2

Going into those games we all had the expectation of a win, and I think that's what he meant. The expectation of winning is part of a winning culture, and I'm disappointed with the "we have to take our lot in life" mentality that some of the core posters/mods on this board have sunk to. That is NOT the mentality that Leavitt EVER had, and it's NOT the mentality that ANY successful individual or institution has ever had.

GO BULLS!!