• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt/Holtz/Taggart

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

You guys don't seem to understand, we live in a community that started to become accustomed to us beating #5 WVa, #9 Louisville, #17 Auburn, #23 Fl State. How many of them do you think will flock to rayjay to watch us play Tulane & Temple?

And by the end of 2007 the stands were mostly empty. Unless this teams wins 10 games a year the fans aren't coming. I don't think it matters who we beat. If we are 9 - 1 going into the last games of the year the stands will be much fuller.

By the end of 2007, the game was insignificant. Now, all of them are! Winning a conf with SMU, Tulane, Temple, E Car & whoever will be like winning the MAAC. Nobody will give a ****! Edited by Sitting_BULL

Leavitt - JOB 1 - Win the Conference - FAIL.

Holtz - JOB 1 - Win the Conference - FAIL.

Taggart-JOB 1 -Win the Conference - ???

Taggart-JOB 1 -Win the Conference - ??? **** Of course now it's also a completely different conference. 3 years ago, Tulane, Temple, E carolina, etc, would have been considered tune up games. Now, they are conference foes, meaning they can beat us! Quite a few steps backwards has this once skyrocketing program taken.

There's never been a point in our history where 1A games like that would have, realistically, been considered tune up games ...

I respectfully disagree. A few years ago, we would've been pretty heavily favored against any of those teams. This year AND MAYBE next and beyond, not so much.

But I'm glad you guys are happy about the direction of the program. At least someone will be in the seats at RayJay.

+1

We recently lost our first game against a non-BCS opponent since joining the Big East.

+2

Going into those games we all had the expectation of a win, and I think that's what he meant. The expectation of winning is part of a winning culture, and I'm disappointed with the "we have to take our lot in life" mentality that some of the core posters/mods on this board have sunk to. That is NOT the mentality that Leavitt EVER had, and it's NOT the mentality that ANY successful individual or institution has ever had.

GO BULLS!!

Thank you! At least some on here aren't constantly wearing their green & gold goggles! :GoBulls:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

Taggart-JOB 1 -Win the Conference - ??? **** Of course now it's also a completely different conference. 3 years ago, Tulane, Temple, E carolina, etc, would have been considered tune up games. Now, they are conference foes, meaning they can beat us! Quite a few steps backwards has this once skyrocketing program taken.

There's never been a point in our history where 1A games like that would have, realistically, been considered tune up games ...

I respectfully disagree. A few years ago, we would've been pretty heavily favored against any of those teams. This year AND MAYBE next and beyond, not so much.

But I'm glad you guys are happy about the direction of the program. At least someone will be in the seats at RayJay.

+1

We recently lost our first game against a non-BCS opponent since joining the Big East.

+2

Going into those games we all had the expectation of a win, and I think that's what he meant. The expectation of winning is part of a winning culture, and I'm disappointed with the "we have to take our lot in life" mentality that some of the core posters/mods on this board have sunk to. That is NOT the mentality that Leavitt EVER had, and it's NOT the mentality that ANY successful individual or institution has ever had.

GO BULLS!!

+3 those games were most definitely tune ups. Even the bowl games where we played ECU Memphis and NIU I thought were relatively gimme bowl games.

It is so sad as a fan base that some believe games vs ECU, Tulane, and Temple are no longer gimme games.

+1

+2

GO BULLS!!

+3 those games were most definitely tune ups. Even the bowl games where we played ECU Memphis and NIU I thought were relatively gimme bowl games.

It is so sad as a fan base that some believe games vs ECU, Tulane, and Temple are no longer gimme games.

It's equally as sad that they think these games will draw a crowd if we are 9-1! 9-1 against a bunch of nobody's wont draw a crowd unless we play at our soccer field!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

+1

+2

GO BULLS!!

Thank you! At least some on here aren't constantly wearing their green & gold goggles! :GoBulls:

So people who will continue going to games under the new setup are green & gold goggle wearers .... sure beats the ****** "fans" that won't.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565

love this man's enthusiasm

Willie Taggart â€@CoachTaggart

Another Christmas gift. 813 stand up! Can't stop the momentum only hope to contain it. Go Bulls!! #ChasingGreatness

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Chase greatness. Love it.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

+1

+2

GO BULLS!!

Leavitt and Holtz have a lot in common.

Both are gone, never to return.

Taggart is here, that is what is important today.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt-couldntlock down area talent.he had chance to be one ofthe best.egomanic;terrible special teams;good defense;offense was boring-couldntrecruit-lack of disciplin

holtz-couldnt recruit;defsne was terrrilbe-lack of discipline

taggert-unknown--he needs to recruit better than first two or he is doomed to fail