• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Letter to Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Sent my letter to Coach Taggert today about the 8th annual BULLSRALLY (a,k,a, Preseason Tailgate).... Hopefully he responds so we can keep this thing rolling ! Go Bulls!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Looking forward to it.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Cool. I was just wondering if we'd get to meet coach T at the BullsRally!!

Awesome. Thanks!

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

the letter I sent is also informational to you guys as well. My contact information is on the bottom of the letter if you need more info or would like to pass it on ----->

Coach Taggart, first I’d like to welcome you to the USF family and honestly tell you, I’ve heard a lot of good things about you. It is definitely as much of a loss for the toppers as it is a tremendous gain for us, and I hope your transition to USF runs as smooth as possible.

My name is Jason Hubbard (a.k.a. “Mutt†to my friends) and for the past eight years I have worked on continuing just one of the many traditions of USF in the form of a “meet and greet†called the BULLS RALLY in Pinellas county. This fan-based, "grass roots" movement generates excitement in the surrounding community for the upcoming football season, creates enthusiasm for the University, and produces new BULLS fans. The event is always free to the public as they are invited to join other BULLS fans for an appearance by the head coach (you) and supporting staff, watch the previous season's video highlights, peruse and buy the latest BULLS merchandise from Bulls Outfitter, enjoy food and drink specials from Capogna’s Dugout, play games, and win prizes. In the past we have had representatives from ticket sales, the Bulls Club, the USF Alumni Association, Iron Bulls, Bullioneers, Bull Backers, the Herd of Thunder, Sundolls, USF cheer squad and Rocky the Bull show up to support the event.

So, What I’m asking is if you could keep the tradition rolling! Both coach Leavitt and Holtz understood the importance of connecting with the public and realized that in a program as young as ours, it is imperative to put the face with the name (so to speak). Generally, it’s a laid back forum where the coach would show up and speak about the direction of the program, take questions from the crowd and sign autographs for a couple of hours. Over the total of years we’ve connected with thousands of fans for USF football, creating new season ticket owners, USF athletic contribution groups and Alumni members. Last year we’ve had 350 people show up to the event (during a losing season), but we’ve had over 500 attend to events in the past. I’m sure with the excitement of you taking charge, we might set a new record.

Now, I’d imagine your schedule would be crazy this summer but if you could find a couple of hours on a Saturday before the start of the football season, we will build the event around you and the time you can spare. So, if you accept this invitation to the biggest fan-based USF celebration in the nation, or would like more information on the 8th Annual BULLS RALLY, Please contact me at usfmutt@hotmail.com . Enthusiasm is contagious, let’s do this! And GO BULLS!

-Mutt

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

506937064780572313890081.gif

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nicely worded! Hope to see everyone out there.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Mutt, we are lucky to have you here, and USF is lucky to have you as a supporter.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Thank you!

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

The event is always free to the public as they are invited to join other BULLS fans for an appearance by the head coach (you) and supporting staff

Just in case he forgot? lol

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

GO BULLS!