• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS on the Cheap

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

You can't base "current reality" off of one terrible season where we FIRED our coach because he sucked so bad. Current reality should be the general trending number of attendees since joining the BE in 2005. We pack that stadium pretty good when we're winning.

We went to a bowl how many years in a row .... and how many times did we "pack" that stadium?

Which is why we need a smaller stadium than that pirate bowl

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

it looks like a mini-Rose Bowl-- very flat and the farthest seats are FAR from the field, not HIGH above the field in the sun

if you notice, the tunnels for the fans lead to the OUTSIDE of the stadium. which means, there is no concessions area for the stadium.. so, unlike most stadiums, where you want to get food/drink/bathroom, it will lead you to the outside of the stadium, where the food and drink and bathrooms will be. that being said, i still think we would be more than happy with this stadium on campus.

Man I don't care about stuff like that. I would so like this type of stadium. It would be awesome to have gamedays take place on campus. Traditions, get the student orgs involved and out and about, build some pride from the alumni about the new spruced up campus.

On a humorous note, the business building is a bunker and it has a concessions area:

BSN-EXT.jpg

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

it looks like a mini-Rose Bowl-- very flat and the farthest seats are FAR from the field, not HIGH above the field in the sun

if you notice, the tunnels for the fans lead to the OUTSIDE of the stadium. which means, there is no concessions area for the stadium.. so, unlike most stadiums, where you want to get food/drink/bathroom, it will lead you to the outside of the stadium, where the food and drink and bathrooms will be. that being said, i still think we would be more than happy with this stadium on campus.

Man I don't care about stuff like that. I would so like this type of stadium. It would be awesome to have gamedays take place on campus. Traditions, get the student orgs involved and out and about, build some pride from the alumni about the new spruced up campus.

On a humorous note, the business building is a bunker and it has a concessions area:

BSN-EXT.jpg

Ya I like this stadium too

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

True, Trip.

Not true Trip...

We had plenty of games and were trending up when we were winning. A few years averaging over 40k or 45 k as we were winning, with significant number of games above 50k Decent crowds.

When we start losing, it trials off. This year was abysmal due to the fact the season was over by the 5th game. Personally I only went to games and gave my tickets away to others... We sucked and even long time fans gave up.

Start winning, and people will show up. TB is fickle and we see that in all of our sports.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

My first ever football game ...

UConn @ Yale

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

UConn @ Yale

Back when George Herbert Walker Bush was on the Eli team..........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

UConn @ Yale

Back when George Herbert Walker Bush was on the Eli team..........

Ouch ... ;)

Late 70's

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

If we were to build an exact replica of the Yale Bowl, it would cost $17.4M in current day dollars (per Wikipedia).

The Marshall Center was built using the Capital Improvement Trust Fund plus a ton of borrowed money. The CITF would get us $15M-20M. If you can do that and then get another $10-15M for a luxury box section, we could build a modern version of the Yale Bowl relatively quickly.

You weren't an English, accounting or architecture major at USF were you?

Not an economist either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

True, Trip.

Not true Trip...

We had plenty of games and were trending up when we were winning. A few years averaging over 40k or 45 k as we were winning, with significant number of games above 50k Decent crowds.

Announced attendance of 40k to 45k is not packing RayJay, which is what I said that crambone is responding to.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

BSN-EXT.jpg

Well remember the Yale Bowl was built a long time ago... today they could build internal bathrooms and an internal concourse tunnel under the berms.

I really think that this would be the best case bet for an OCS... $17 million and we will have a world class stadium... that is cheaper then the renovations to the Sun Dome or a covered football practice field.

Also Yale recently added seat backs to the lower donor sections...