• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS on the Cheap

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I know that personally I would divert all of my donations towards the OCS 100%. Im sure Im not the only one.

And that could be part of the issue. If many divert their donations to an OCS, it would leave the general athletics fund lacking

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I know that personally I would divert all of my donations towards the OCS 100%. Im sure Im not the only one.

And that could be part of the issue. If many divert their donations to an OCS, it would leave the general athletics fund lacking

BINGO!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

That's why I said "additional contribution" as in incremental.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That's not what would happen, though. I along with many others would divert our funds to that project because it's sexy. It could end up being a pretty big blow to the overall athletics fund.

In reality a few hundred $100 - $10,000 donations to such a fund would be meaningless. Most of which would probably be closer to $100 to $1000 dollars per donation. There would probably be a flurry of money that came in rather quickly. Probably something in the neighborhood of a couple of hundred thousand dollars to maybe over a million, but the truth is the funding would stall from that point with no concrete plans. It would defund a lot of other projects and it would be an insignificant amount of money for a 250-500 million dollar project.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

That's not what would happen, though. I along with many others would divert our funds to that project because it's sexy. It could end up being a pretty big blow to the overall athletics fund.

In reality a few hundred $100 - $10,000 donations to such a fund would be meaningless. Most of which would probably be closer to $100 to $1000 dollars per donation. There would probably be a flurry of money that came in rather quickly. Probably something in the neighborhood of a couple of hundred thousand dollars to maybe over a million, but the truth is the funding would stall from that point with no concrete plans. It would defund a lot of other projects and it would be an insignificant amount of money for a 250-500 million dollar project.

All that matters is the announcement and commitment to do it "at some point in the future" as funding allows. Right now there is no such claim. I realize it would take many years to raise the money. But like every project, you at some point just have to agree to start.