• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS on the Cheap

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Again just because the Yale Bowl does not have internal restrooms or concessions does not mean that a newer copy could not be built to have them included under the berms. The Yale Bowl was built nearly a 100 years ago when inside bathrooms were not a big deal, let alone beer stands.

What about water fountains?

LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

This might have already been addressed, but I'm going to be lazy and not look through 5 pages and 80 something posts; why in the hell do you guys want to build a cheap OCS?????

USF needs to build an OCS, PERIOD!!

It will help us with the "commuter school" tag, that I don't agree with, that outsiders have placed on USF.

I also think it will change the way alumni and current students look at the program, but the last thing we need is a cheap OCS, like that clown college to the east.

Unless they build dorms room into the infrastructure of the stadium, how will that help with the bogus commuter school tag?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

A few things:

1. USF is in no rush to build an OCS. There is no evidence to suggest that we would get more, "paying" fans or better recruits with an OCS.

2. We will not build a 60k version of the Yale Bowl

3. We will not build a 40k version of Bright House

4. Every facility upgrade or new construction has been top notch and would expect that to continue when an OCS is built.

5. It will meet the desires of our boosters.

Totally agree on all points. Let me ask you this, why can't USF make an announcement that we are committed to building an OCS and have started a fund raising effort. After a predetermined amount of private funds have accumulated, USF will seek incremental traditional types of funding,,. Something vague like that, it shows we support the idea which could be an advantage to the Big5 when they think about the future expansion...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

If USF were to build an OCS in the next few years...The Bubba Bulls of the world will be bytchen and moaning that the new donation levels and ticket prices are too high.

And so it goes.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If USF were to build an OCS in the next few years...The Bubba Bulls of the world will be bytchen and moaning that the new donation levels and ticket prices are too high.

And so it goes.

Contrar... I would welcome increased football season prices and donation levels if it meant that we would have an OCS.

I hate playing at RayJay... I hate looking at their dam dirty red seats and that **** pirate ship.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

A few things:

1. USF is in no rush to build an OCS. There is no evidence to suggest that we would get more, "paying" fans or better recruits with an OCS.

4. Every facility upgrade or new construction has been top notch and would expect that to continue when an OCS is built.

Totally agree on all points. Let me ask you this, why can't USF make an announcement that we are committed to building an OCS and have started a fund raising effort. After a predetermined amount of private funds have accumulated, USF will seek incremental traditional types of funding,,. Something vague like that, it shows we support the idea which could be an advantage to the Big5 when they think about the future expansion...

I agree with this completely. Nobody can really answer this question. Does anybody have Judy or Doug on record saying why they do not want to start a fund? Are there legal hurdles/tax issues with starting a fund and no plan? Do they feel people will give to the stadium fund instead of other projects? Do they just not want to be committed to the issue? I just do not know. If you call the foundation and say you would like to give them money for the sole purpose of going to a stadium fund, they will not let you. Granted if Morsani or Patel dropped a couple Million into the pot they would more than likely take it.

Having at least a possibility of building an OCS, could also help with future RJS negotiations. When you have options you gain leverage, right now there is really no alternative for us.

A few things:

I agree with this completely. Nobody can really answer this question. Does anybody have Judy or Doug on record saying why they do not want to start a fund? Are there legal hurdles/tax issues with starting a fund and no plan? Do they feel people will give to the stadium fund instead of other projects? Do they just not want to be committed to the issue? I just do not know. If you call the foundation and say you would like to give them money for the sole purpose of going to a stadium fund, they will not let you. Granted if Morsani or Patel dropped a couple Million into the pot they would more than likely take it.

Having at least a possibility of building an OCS, could also help with future RJS negotiations. When you have options you gain leverage, right now there is really no alternative for us.

Yes! What harm does it do for the administration to say they have determined a location to place an OCS and are setting up a fundraising program with no specific timeline. It would show the commitment, encourage donations, provide hope for the future, and position us better with the Big5. If it takes 15 years to get it done right, so be it. At least we can show we are moving that way

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

A few things:

Yes! What harm does it do for the administration to say they have determined a location to place an OCS and are setting up a fundraising program with no specific timeline. It would show the commitment, encourage donations, provide hope for the future, and position us better with the Big5. If it takes 15 years to get it done right, so be it. At least we can show we are moving that way

It would have no effect whatsoever on the Power 5 ... and I would guess that one reason for not doing it is that they need all the help they can get paying off the current improvements, maybe now moreso than ever with what's happening, and this could potentially do harm in that regard.

A few things:

It would have no effect whatsoever on the Power 5 ... and I would guess that one reason for not doing it is that they need all the help they can get paying off the current improvements, maybe now moreso than ever with what's happening, and this could potentially do harm in that regard.

Maybe you're right, but I'd make an "additional" donation to an OCS fund if there was one however...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

ding ding ding!

I know that personally I would divert all of my donations towards the OCS 100%. Im sure Im not the only one.