• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

hope they offer shannon good money the first year with the understanding that the next year they add the $300K from Cosh to his pay. If he doesn't like this, tells me he only wants to be one-and-done at USF. Not sure that is what is best for the program in the long run.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I just think whatever we need to pay him we need to pay him. It is only for two or three years tops. He might be gone after 2 but we need to pay him. What can he be making as a lb coach for tcu? What do we need to offer here? More than cosh was making?

I don't think money will be the reason he does or doesn't come here. He's not at TCU because nobody else wanted him. He's there because he wanted to be there. He turned down DC jobs to stay there.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not so concerned that it be Shannon. As long as we are bringing in a strong, proven DC and other position coaches that have successfully proven themselves at the BCS level to some degree.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe we haven't heard anything about Shanon is that he wants to wait until after their bowl game. At least I hope this is the case.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I just think whatever we need to pay him we need to pay him. It is only for two or three years tops. He might be gone after 2 but we need to pay him. What can he be making as a lb coach for tcu? What do we need to offer here? More than cosh was making?

I don't think money will be the reason he does or doesn't come here. He's not at TCU because nobody else wanted him. He's there because he wanted to be there. He turned down DC jobs to stay there.

agreed.

I think getting the right opportunity was more important to him. I think we could be that right opportunity. he knows florida well and he saw that a great defense can be built here like Wally et al did in the past.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Once upon a time, Shannon was "interested" so either he's no longer interested or it's a money issue... or he was never really interested to begin with.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

yea i think its pretty obvious he is there because he wanted to be. Still does not answer my question on how much he is making at TCU. I still would like to know how much it would take to get him. He turned down this and that and this and that..got it..he liked tcu and how their program is run. He was out of coaching and I'm sure understanding player development and learning new stuff under a great head coach was his goal...He still needs to be compensated if he is going to accept this job at USF..so I was just wondering what people think it would take.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Say what you want about him bringing the WKU guys, this was an FCS team up until a few years ago. I am sure they know his offense (that he calls) and would be an easy fit, but I get nervous. I know also know they handled a sub-par UK team this year and went toe to toe with Bama for a bit before they lost that one. I have faith in the man, doesn't mean I can't get nervous that he's doing the "buddy system" instead of the "best man for the job" system. In the end..I jumped to conclusions before typing (which I'm great at). My bad Coach T.

In reference to Shannon as DC, I know as HC of Miami he was making 1.5. I'd guess we could snag him for about what we paid Cosh? Maybe a little more? With the WKU guys headed this way...I'm thinking this saved some cash for his hiring.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

^ I'm concerned CWT is using a good 'ol boy network like Holtz did. It wasn't obvious at first with CSH either.

That said, he has my "trust" for the moment.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Coaching Search <free> has reported on the 20th , South Florida: Sources tell me that Willie Taggart has interest in Purdue assistant strength coach Ross Bowsher. Here is Coach Bowsher's bio. http://www.purduesports.com/genrel/bowsher_ross00.html